"City Barbecue" review... - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > BBQ Competitions, Road Trips and Events
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2009, 07:03 AM   #1
Web Celeb

"City Barbecue" review...

So, I was in Columbus Thursday night in to Friday and I was lucky enough to stay with my man "Smokin' U" while in town...me, Smokin U, his wife and their new baby went to City Barbecue for dinner.

REVIEW:

As commercial bbq goes, this is pretty good. Their bbq is cooked on 3 Ole Hickory gas powered bbq pits which you will see in the pics below...they are front and center at the front of the store.

I had the pulled pork sandwich, half slab of ribs, baked beans and mac & cheese. The pulled pork was very good...nice and moist, good smoke flavor and the slaw was pretty good to! I used their Carolina vinegar sauce to top...good stuff!

The ribs were ok at best. Good rub flavor but they were over done...kind of on the mushy side. Afterwards I was wishing I would have tried the brisket instead...which is what Smokin' U got and he loved it!

As for the sides, the beans were great! Had bits of brisket in them and I appreciate that! The mac & Cheese was crappy...mass produced somewhere and didn't stand out from any other mac & cheese you could get anywhere else in the world that isn't good.

I also got the nanner pudding for desert...that was very good as well!! Yes, I ate a lot...but I needed to try as much as I could!

In summary, the place itself is nice and clean...has a cool ambiance to it in a farm house kind of way and the barbecue/food was better than many other bigger "bbq chains" like Smokey Bones . If I needed a real bbq fix and I was passing by a City Barbecue shop I would go in to get my jones on!!

Here are some pics of my food!!

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/bin/slideshow.swf" width="800" height="533" flashvars="host=picasaweb.google.com&noautoplay=1& hl=en_US&feat=flashalbum&RGB=0x000000&feed=http%3A %2F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Fdata%2Ffeed%2Fapi%2Fu ser%2Fbarbecue4u%2Falbumid%2F5346604953287497233%3 Falt%3Drss%26kind%3Dphoto%26hl%3Den_US" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

Old 06-13-2009, 07:17 AM   #2
God O'Que

I've eaten there and didn't like it. The sauce killed me that night with reflux.

"I'd rather be dead in my skin than be a fan of a Redskin."
Uncle Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote