Carolina Q Cup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
can't believe this thread hasn't been started. some of our guys are in this thing.

Jack W and Finney have teamed up with a guy named Jethro, and early reports are that they are very happy with turn ins.

Also Big GQ was there to enjoy the beverages.

Awards at 3 pm eastern, details to come.

Breaking news!! Finney just called!!

They placed 5th in Whole Hog out of approximately 25 teams, GREAT Job Fellas!!!

Didn't place in the "Anything Butt" this time, which they did Shrimp and Grits. They got many compliments on it though, just wasn't their day.

Good job guys!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

well our boys came in 5th. That's a tremendous showing against the best in SC. congrats to Jack, Finney, and GQ. Full stats coming.

Captain Morgan said:
Only the tops 3 were announced for Anything Butt...hoping for a 4th place finney, I mean finish.

Knowing Finney's "Gourmet" taste, I'm sure it was better than they placed!!! I told him he should have done the gazpacho again! He said "Potato Soup" won Anything Butt!!!! ******!!

Thanks all for the recognition.

I'm always happy with a top five finish in any contest. The differences get slim when it gets to that level. We'll put it all together when the scores publish and see where we stood overall in the points. The contest was won by a team named Carolina Traveler. Will is a great guy and one hell of a cook. He cooks on double Backwoods hog competitors. His rig looks like some kind of BBQ factory on wheels. The compeititon was good and we stepped up to the plate.

Many thanks to Chris Finney. His company is very comfortable and he is a great cook in his own right. The Shrimp and Grits were fantastic. Kaitlyn even turned away a person interested in the recipe. Potato soup...you gotta be kidding me.

It's always great to spend time with the Big GQ. I got to meet his wife and naturally she is an angel. Garlands puzzling look and swagger at 1:00am is something to behold.

Good to see all of our friends there. JT Handy cooked a fine hog and it's always good to see Walter.

Thanks all. It's good to put another dust collector on the mantel.

It was Good Q!

Jack

Thanks for the report, Jack ~ Lookin' forward to the final tally. Again, Congrats to you and Finney!! :(

I think a podcast on "How to do Whole Hog" might be in order here. :(

Well, if Jack doesn't have pics to post, that means we ain't gettin' none 'cause FINNEY AIN'T GOT NO CAMERA!!! #-o ](*,) :-( :!:

Way to go guys!
This one's on me ....
pitcher-of-beer.gif
=D> =D> =D> =D>

Great pics man!! Looks like you guys had a great time! Just one question from me .. It looks like the whole hog was cooked skin side down the whole cook ~ Was that the case? I just seen where some people turn theirs and was wondering ~ No reason..

Thanks, and again, Congrats on 5th place you guys!! :(

The pork in the turn in box looked about as good as I've ever seen.
Although the nice skin color is great, I see too much black on the pig.
I know the judges are trained to know what bark is, but I'd be concerned
that may have counted you down some in the presentation of the whole pig.

Kait is a cutie. Wish I could have been there....no pics of GQ staggering around?

Also, could you give us feedback on our feedback? Are you not concerned with the amount of blackness on the whole hog? Is there anything you didn't like about your turn in box?

Just to be picky, and you know where I'm from, but I like to see my pork that is not colored by sauce. I know with the sauce you used, that's not really possible. However, it did look delicious to this ENC boy, even with the sauce. Might have to hit my hammock and contemplate this.

Back
Top Bottom