Blue Ridge BBQ Festival

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was disappointed that I had work obligations and arrived VERY late on Saturday. The competition was over and the competitors were packing up and leaving when we arrived. I saw the Common Interest trailer but there wasn't anyone nearby that I could see. I really hate that I missed all of the competition.

My family group which consisted of me, my wife, her sister and husband were very hungry when we arrived so we decided to buy food from the vendors. BAD mistake! I purchased a brisket sandwich which was cold but the quality was ok. We proceeded across the food court and bought three meat BBQ plates from another vendor. We didn't realize we were getting a chopped beef, chicken and pork plate. It was AWEFUL! The BBQ beans were just about the worst I've ever tasted and the horseradish cole slaw was only edible at best. If one of the goals of this festival is to promote BBQ, it was a COMPLETE failure! My relatives say they'll never return.

Hopefully, next year, I can arrive on Friday and Saturday, eat before I arrive, pay my $8 to watch the competition and avoid the crap that he vendors are serving at their booths. I'm really anxious to see some of the real competition.

If you're only a spectator hoping to get a taste of real BBQ, this festival is a waste of money IMO.

Double D said:
Thanks Tim..you cooking Greenwood ??

I dont think so :( . There is a man on a tractor in the back yard digging a great big hole. My wife is gonna fill it water, and I will pay for it. But, the kids are gonna love it! :D

swampsauce said:
Double D said:
Thanks Tim..you cooking Greenwood ??

I dont think so :( . There is a man on a tractor in the back yard digging a great big hole. My wife is gonna fill it water, and I will pay for it. But, the kids are gonna love it! :D

Happy Wife.... Happy Life.

Diva Q said:
swampsauce said:
[quote="Double D":29hnuptp]Thanks Tim..you cooking Greenwood ??

Happy Wife.... Happy Life.[/quote:29hnuptp]
I hope she makes ME happy! :shock:

swampsauce said:
Diva Q said:
swampsauce said:
[quote="Double D":2heh9l66]Thanks Tim..you cooking Greenwood ??

Happy Wife.... Happy Life.
I hope she makes ME happy! :shock:[/quote:2heh9l66]

She SHOULD make you a very very very happy man after that . . . :D

of course, you'll have to wait for her to take the kids in for a swim, and then tidy up after them first . . . ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom