Barbecue on the Farm, Bristol , PA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobberqer

Sous Chef
This was formerly "BBQ on the River", in Bristol, PA,.. well run comp, by a good guy, Tom Chrisitne... Yardley is a bit closer for all the northern type people, than Bristol...right off 95. which can get complicated around that area :?

05/18 - 05/20.. 2007
Yardley, PA.... Barbeque on the Farm (formerly BBQ on the River)
Contact: Tom Christine, 931 Stony Hill Road, Yardley, PA 19067
Phone: 215-603-2508 Fax: 215-639-6411
E-mail: smokendude@comcast.net

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?fo ... code=19067

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Dang it. Thats the same weekend as Danville. Sorry we cant make it. Looks like a great event.

seems to be a busy w/e in the Mid Atlantic states

Besides the BBQ on the Farm:::

...... rescheduled >>>>May 17-19, 2007 "Carolina Smokin' Spring Fling", Lumberton, NC,Mitchell Mercer, ( 910 ) 618-5699.. (Moved to Nov 9-10th )

May 18-19, 2007 "Pigs in the Park", Danville, VA
Rosalee Maxwell, ( 434 ) 793-4636

May 18-19, 2007 "Chesapeake Jubilee", Chesapeake, VA
Laurie McElveen, ( 757 ) 482-6358

http://www.mabbqa.com/news.html

and KCBS

05/18 - 05/19 2007
Landover, MD Beltway BBQ Battle
Contact: Jonathan Jones, 8001 Sheriff Road, Landover, MD 21144
Phone: 301-583-2445 Fax: 301-583-2666
E-mail: jonathan.jones@pgparks.com
KCBS Reps: SIMMONS MARK, BUSCH JOHN G

http://www.kcbs.us/SearchContestList.action

Yardly Pa

Shazam!.......That Yardly Pa pig gig or BBQ or Q,,,,Heck I'm still learnin.
Anyway, sounds nice and it's only about three hours drive for me.
Sooo! I think I going...just to get a feel for things and introduce myself and meet some of you seasoned vets....hope ya don't mind if I bring some beer....do ya?

Remember: mind whatcha say to me, because I'm a restaurant chef intraining to big time Q you all :twisted:

I'm crazy I tellya.........mad crazy for smokin Q! :LOL:
Anyway, I hope a lot of you show up ....would love to meet ya.

Mike from Conecticut aka, northsmoke

Don't think anyone would mind if you brang Beer :D .. there's plenty of teams there, nice event, ran by a good guy , as well

Where are you training to be a BBQ chef ???

"...... rescheduled >>>>May 17-19, 2007 "Carolina Smokin' Spring Fling", Lumberton, NC,Mitchell Mercer, ( 910 ) 618-5699.. (Moved to Nov 9-10th ) "

Training

Bobberquer!
Just got invited to be on a team up this way and you may see me at the 2007 Connecticut BBQ Championship.
The person who invited me wants to meet with me to see how things will go.
So I really just gettin my feet wet with BBQ & Smokin, however, my culinary experience has taken me to great levels and I feel quite comfortable that I will ajust to learning Qin.
However, I will take advanage of whatever classes I can find, like the one Mike lee will be giving in Connecticut. One is on basic BBQ & Smokin the other is on Basics of competition.
And from the looks of it, you all seem like a guy bunch of Q's who'll teach me the ropes.
Heck I'm learning as I go! :shock:

Northsmoke....a very dangerous cook!

Captain Morgan said:
"...... rescheduled >>>>May 17-19, 2007 "Carolina Smokin' Spring Fling", Lumberton, NC,Mitchell Mercer, ( 910 ) 618-5699.. (Moved to Nov 9-10th ) "

:shock:
Seems them folks in NC got confuzzled with the seasons :D

Still might be there, confuzzlement and all 8)

just a reminder... only two weeks away.... I'll be with the 2 Fat Polacks Team this year.... I know Rich and his Lost Nation is going to be there.. anyone else ??? be sure to stop by and introduce yourself... eerrr after turnins lol

wil be a busy w/e end on the East Coast with 3-4 comps within a few hours drive of each other... might want to talk to the powers that be bout that at the r4espective comps

I appiled to judge there. I have not heard anything back yet. Is this common not to hear anything back from the comp orgainizer if you are need or not?

Chris

chris1237 said:
I appiled to judge there. I have not heard anything back yet. Is this common not to hear anything back from the comp orgainizer if you are need or not?

Chris

Tom Christine...215-603-2508

you usually get an e-mail thanking you for being a judge,, who knows...if you do not get in, show up anyhow, and report to the judges tent, then tell Tom you are available if there are no-shows, which happens on a frequent basis

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom