2007 agenda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Well, this is what I am hoping to compete in as My Side of the Mountain BBQ competiton team:

April 20, 21 Salisbury MD
April 27, 28 Norlfolk VA
May 19, 19 Danville VA
June 1, 2 Lincolnton NC (maybe)
July 27, 28 Stevensville MD
Aug 24, 25 New Holland PA
Sept 14, 15 Snow Shoe WV
Sept 21, 22 New Market VA (Bill's Grill vs Gary's BBQ)
Sept 28, 29 Clarence NY (just to hang with the yankee boyz)
Oct 26, 27 Lynchburg TN

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Well, this is what I am hoping to compete in as My Side of the Mountain BBQ competiton team:

April 20, 21 Salisbury MD
April 27, 28 Norlfolk VA
May 19, 19 Danville VA
June 1, 2 Lincolnton NC (maybe)
July 27, 28 Stevensville MD
Aug 24, 25 New Holland PA
Sept 14, 15 Snow Shoe WV
Sept 21, 22 New Market VA (Bill's Grill vs Gary's BBQ)
Sept 28, 29 Clarence NY (just to hang with the yankee boyz)
Oct 26, 27 Lynchburg TN

We'll see you in NY as well. Might also do New Holland depending upon catering gigs. Just look for the BIG Klose.

Here are a few I am thinking of doing

Cabales, hamburg pa maybe
Bel air maybe
New Holland defentaly
Maybe another comp
Hoping to get in 2-3
Also going to try and become a CBJ. Would also like to find some teams to help out in comps I will not be able to do.

Chris

April 20-21, 2007
*Smoke on the Beach
PO Box 31063
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588

August 31-September 01, 2007
*Smoke on the Beach a part of Beach,Boogie and Barbeque
Myrtle Beach, SC
Contact: Holly McMillan; 843-916-7239 www.sunfunfestival.com/
E-Mail: Kenny Craven

http://www.omarshrine.com/Programs/Smok ... fault.aspx

wasn't sure if last springs results had been posted yet, so here ya go..

Smoke on the Beach Apr 06

Myrtle Beach, SC

# Name Score
994 Captain Morgan 48.08
986 R&R Cookers 46.80
989 Swinetime 46.73
982 Backwoods Cookers 46.65
990 Boogies BBQ 46.50
972 JT BBQ 46.35
979 Cooktenders 45.84
995 BBQ 4 U 45.78
967 Robo Smokers 45.66
978 No Bones About it 45.45
988 Q 2 U 45.15
983 Palmetto Cookers 44.71
973 Standars Brothers 44.70
969 Omar Volunteers 44.40
987 FatBack & PorkHeads 44.16
975 Wendell Kurtz 44.10
968 HOME BOYZ 43.95
984 HOG TIED BBQ 43.58
981 Alveron Cookers 43.43
974 Ormars 500 43.42
985 Rock n Pig 43.28
970 Jay's at Little River 43.20
991 Deep Chatham Cookers 42.84
993 Redneck Cookers 42.23
971 Out House 2 41.58
976 SOUTHERN QUE N STEW 40.80
977 RoadKill Grill Team 40.65
996 PARROT HEAD COOKERS 40.28
980 BUTT BURNER 37.73
992 CHUCK WAGON 36.30

[smilie=banana.gif]

Screamin Nite Hog said:
BigGQ said:
I notice noone mentioned Myrtle Beach in the spring. What you scared of?

SOTB is not on the KCBS schedule...where can we get the information for the spring and fall contests? Tell us please "Cappy"...... :?: :?:

Thats because its not a real competiton. Just kidding Cappy.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Screamin Nite Hog":1c20y48z]
BigGQ said:

SOTB is not on the KCBS schedule...where can we get the information for the spring and fall contests? Tell us please "Cappy"...... :?: :?:

Thats because its not a real competiton. Just kidding Cappy.[/quote:1c20y48z]

I hear your fingers talking on the keyboard. Why don't you come to MB and let your Q do the talking?

BigGQ said:
Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Screamin Nite Hog":31n8qmrq]
BigGQ said:

I hear your fingers talking on the keyboard. Why don't you come to MB and let your Q do the talking?[/quote:31n8qmrq]

Cause he foils his butts! [smilie=thumbdown2.gif]

Larry Wolfe said:
BigGQ said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":1uuz28p2][quote="Screamin Nite Hog":1uuz28p2]
BigGQ said:

I hear your fingers talking on the keyboard. Why don't you come to MB and let your Q do the talking?[/quote:1uuz28p2]

Cause he foils his butts! [smilie=thumbdown2.gif][/quote:1uuz28p2]

Ah Larry, how many KCBS contests have you won? John Atkins and Richard Middleton got 5th in pork at the AR open and they used plastic wrap instead of foil. The results are the same as foiling. It helps hold that beutiful moister in the meat instead of letting it drop to the bottom of your smoker.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3ip31qj8]
BigGQ said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":3ip31qj8][quote="Screamin Nite Hog":3ip31qj8]
BigGQ said:

I hear your fingers talking on the keyboard. Why don't you come to MB and let your Q do the talking?[/quote:3ip31qj8]

Cause he foils his butts! [smilie=thumbdown2.gif][/quote:3ip31qj8]

Ah Larry, how many KCBS contests have you won? John Atkins and Richard Middleton got 5th in pork at the AR open and they used plastic wrap instead of foil. The results are the same as foiling. It helps hold that beutiful moister (slow down Bill) in the meat instead of letting it drop to the bottom of your smoker.[/quote:3ip31qj8]

I haven't won any..............how many have you "won", not placed, but won in butts? Inquiring minds would like to know?? I think BW was right you need to hose down, you're awful touchy lately!

Why you wanna bring other people into your fight?? But, you mention they wrap their butts and came in 5th.................I bet the ones that won didn't foil! [smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif]

Nothing wrong with foiling when resting, but foiling a butt while cooking is like kissing your sister, it's just wrong. Foiling butts while cooking is just letting the meat boil in fat!

Lighten up Bill, I'm just giving you a hard time.

Larry Wolfe said:
I haven't won any..............how many have you "won", not placed, but won in butts? Inquiring minds would like to know?? I think BW was right you need to hose down, you're awful touchy lately!

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Dito Larry. I LUVS ya even if you dont foil.

But I'm still waiting for you to answer my question above????

Bill The Grill Guy said:
None. How many have you won? :shock: Opps sorry, I forgot. You dont compete in KCBS contests. :roll:

You brought it up Bill, not me! I just wanted it to be known, you do compete KCBS and haven't won any. I don't compete in KCBS and haven't won any! See where I'm going with this???? Foil away! [smilie=a_movinggreen.gif]

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":m8302u67]None. How many have you won? :shock: Opps sorry, I forgot. You dont compete in KCBS contests. :roll:

You brought it up Bill, not me! I just wanted it to be known, you do compete KCBS and haven't won any. I don't compete in KCBS and haven't won any! See where I'm going with this???? Foil away! [smilie=a_movinggreen.gif][/quote:m8302u67]

I would still like to point out that I have at least won money and have placed with my pork. Where does that leave you Larry? No place, keep on loosing that moister.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":751liymx][quote="Bill The Grill Guy":751liymx]None. How many have you won? :shock: Opps sorry, I forgot. You dont compete in KCBS contests. :roll:

You brought it up Bill, not me! I just wanted it to be known, you do compete KCBS and haven't won any. I don't compete in KCBS and haven't won any! See where I'm going with this???? Foil away! [smilie=a_movinggreen.gif][/quote:751liymx]

I would still like to point out that I have at least won money and have placed with my pork. Where does that leave you Larry? No place, keep on loosing that moister.[/quote:751liymx]

You my friend are not makin' a valud point. You's compet on a reglar bases and "place"! I don't compet on a reglar bases! So's I guess's dat leave me as not failin' as many times as you done did! Ifin' you be happy wit turnin' in yo greasy soggy foiled poke, din more power's to ya! Ifin' you like to cuntinu failin' dat is................. you reminds me of dat ole' billy goat "Gary" me and da wurden done raise from when it wuz still nibblin' on the wurdens teat! I dun luved dat Gary to death, but he was as stubborn as dat ole mule "Puff" we had. Dat damned Puffed wuld try to eat a cottonpiken ear of corn through dat chain linked fence. He's spend days an dat damn mule never wuld realiz he wasn't gunna be able to eat da corn through da fence. Like you ain't neva gunna win foilin' yo poke! Color me wrong but I'd rekomend you just might as well cook ya a big ole picnic, dats what we like and we's luv em'. No foilin' necessary eider, as do days just as lean as da wurden was da day I met her. Now she's dun plumped up a bit now and maybe she could use a lil' of dat dare foil you be puttin' on yo poke.

Cool down big fella, I known a many a firefighters in my day and know how sensitive ya'll are when you compare hoses and you come up showt. Just hose yoself down and you be startin' to feel mo betta wonce da goosebumps goes away.

Wheelchair

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":xosm1512][quote="Bill The Grill Guy":xosm1512]None. How many have you won? :shock: Opps sorry, I forgot. You dont compete in KCBS contests. :roll:

You brought it up Bill, not me! I just wanted it to be known, you do compete KCBS and haven't won any. I don't compete in KCBS and haven't won any! See where I'm going with this???? Foil away! [smilie=a_movinggreen.gif][/quote:xosm1512]

I would still like to point out that I have at least won money and have placed with my pork. Where does that leave you Larry? No place, keep on loosing that moister.[/quote:xosm1512]

On mo thang I dun meant to ax you. How in da hell do you lose "moister"?

brian j said:
alright boys. it's not like you guys live on opposite sides of the country. what do you say we have a little ourselves a little contest... pork, chicken and chefs choice... AND I'M THE JUDGE. [smilie=a_jester.gif]

i would also include brisket and ribs but you both ruin briskets with foil and you both use the same rub/sauce on your ribs. :P :LOL: :LOL:

NO WE DON'T USE THE SAME SAUCE!!!! One base ingredient is the same, other than that, it's way different!

Back
Top Bottom