Stuffed Onions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john a

Executive Chef
This comes from a retired Chef at another forum, looks mighty good to me.

Kicked up to notches unknown!!! Texas 1015 onions stuffed with boudin stuffing (boudin,
homemade bread crumbs, cornbread, bacon, onions, fresh thyme, cheese, egg, mustard,
olive oil cajun power garlic sauce 'n seasoning, etc) ... had extra stuffing, so also made some baked
boudin balls.Headed out to the grill right now ... got a dozen chicken thighs to smoke ... plan to hit'em
with a lil' dat BH Honey Mustard.

img_96412_0_5ba82c84a289632b252a3881466c44b1.jpg

oct_97 said:
This comes from a retired Chef at another forum, looks mighty good to me.

Kicked up to notches unknown!!! Texas 1015 onions stuffed with boudin stuffing (boudin,
homemade bread crumbs, cornbread, bacon, onions, fresh thyme, cheese, egg, mustard,
olive oil cajun power garlic sauce 'n seasoning, etc) ... had extra stuffing, so also made some baked
boudin balls.Headed out to the grill right now ... got a dozen chicken thighs to smoke ... plan to hit'em
with a lil' dat BH Honey Mustard.

img_96418_0_5ba82c84a289632b252a3881466c44b1.jpg

Now that creative john Looks great too. I have a recipe for stuffed zuccini It uses a beef/pork bread type stuffin kinda like yours I'll bet It would be good in onions too

As I recall the recipe said to cut the tops off the onions, stick some toothpicks into them to hold them together, and boil for 10-12 minutes. Let cool then scoop out the centers to stuff and bake. You might want to slice little off the bottom so they sit straight.

Never seen no Boudin up here...twas thinking that one could substitute some Italian sausage or some brauts....

wittdog said:
Never seen no Boudin up here...twas thinking that one could substitute some Italian sausage or some brauts....

Witt remember boudin is seasoned well, kinda salty, spicey hot, & has a rice filler in it. If you gonna make dis put in plent O seasoning, It will pass true to the onions too & give em a good flavor. In my opinion you can never add too mutch garlic

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom