Mrs. P's Rice Pudding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
1/2 cup milk
1/4 lb. butter
3/4 cup sugar

Mix the above ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. Add 1 cup uncooked rice, lower heat to a simmer & cook 45 minutes, stirring often.

Beat 1 egg, 1/4 pint of heavy cream, 1 tsp. vanilla & a 1/4 cup (overflowing) of either Ameretto or Kahlua. ( She used Kahlua which I liked much better). Add to rice mixture. Cool. Sprinkle with cinamon and enjoy!

Well you see us po white Texas small town oil field trash was forced into eating rice for breakfast with milk and sugar on it when it was too far betwixt paydays for bacon and eggs or oatmeal..so rice puddin is just a bit too similar if you get my drift. Must be a texture problem is all I can figger out. Doubt I be making any..but certainly do appreciate the recipe and got it saved in case any yankees come to call who aint got the affliction and bad childhood memories. Thanks.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well you see us po white Texas small town oil field trash was forced into eating rice for breakfast with milk and sugar on it when it was too far betwixt paydays for bacon and eggs or oatmeal..so rice puddin is just a bit too similar if you get my drift. Must be a texture problem is all I can figger out. Doubt I be making any..but certainly do appreciate the recipe and got it saved in case any yankees come to call who aint got the affliction and bad childhood memories. Thanks.

bigwheel

WOW, sucks being you!

Nick Prochilo said:
My wife always made it with the ameretto but she was out of it yesterday so she substituted Kahlua. It was the best she ever made!

I am going to have to try that.

Back
Top Bottom