Misssissippi Mud Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Mississippi Mud Cake

2 sticks butter or margarine softened
1 t. vanilla
1 cup coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
4 eggs
3 T. cocoa
1 t. vanilla
1 cup coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
1 large jar marshmallow cream

In a large bowl cream together the sugar, butter, and the cocoa. Mix in the eggs and the vanilla. Add flour, coconut, and pecans. Beat 2 min. with electric mixer. Spread into 13x9 inch rectangular cake pan and bake at 350 for 35-40 miniutes. When done spread the marshmallow cream over top of the cake while its still hot. Let it cool completely and then apply the icing.

Icing

1 lb. powdered sugar
1 stick butter
1/2 cup Pet Milk
1/2 cup cocoa
1 t. vanilla

Beat until smooth and spread thoroughly onto cooled cake.

bone appytit

bigwheel

YUMMMMMMM! I haven't had this in years! Thank you BW!! I know y family will love it!

Yeppers it highly addictive stuff. Not sure if this is the recipe the little bride uses or not but think it similar. Hope yall enjoy.

bigwheel

Hmm, good question Nick. I know Pet milk is a popular homogenized milk brand in the south. Comparable to Deans in Indiana. I would think it's just regular ole milk.

Well Pet Milk is a popular brand of condensed milk in the can. Similar to Carnation brand. Like the farm lady say who entered the Carnation Milk jingle.

I like Carnation best of all,
No t*ts to pull, no sh*t to haul.
No barns to clean, no hay to pitch,
Just punch a hole in the son of a b*tch.

bigwheel

ps..Rumor is her jingle didnt win but the company sent her a thousand bucks anyway.

Well I got some bad news. Just got off the phone with the Little Bride..and she say her Missippii mud cake do not contain cocanut. I guess the cocoanut was some kind of yankee addition which has infiltrated over the years. So sorry. I will give you the real recipe shortly.
Them dang yankees is mighty twicky.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom