Hot pepper recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
We planted a garden this year and have enjoyed the benefits fresh cukecumbers, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant as well as canning a lot of the stuff….now my Habs are almost ready so I dug up a few recipes that I am going to try.

Agent Orange Habanero Sauce

2 large carrots (1 1/2 cups) peeled & chopped)
1/2 medium red onion (1 cup) peeled & chopped)
1 1/2 cups white vinegar
1/2 cup water
6 cloves garlic (2 tablespoons minced)
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup coarse grain or Creole mustard
12 habanero chiles, seeds and stems removed (3/4 cup minced) (12 to 14)

1. Combine the carrots, onion, vinegar, water, garlic, lime juice, salt, pepper and mustard in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until the carrots are soft. Remove from heat.

2. Use an immersion blender or food processor to puree the mixture. Add the habaneros and continue to puree until smooth. Pour into sterilized jars or bottles and process in a hot water bath for 15 minutes

Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
4 fresh orange habanero peppers finely chopped (with seeds) (4 to 5)
2 cups white vinegar
6 red jalapeno finely chopped (with seeds) (6 to 7)
2 cloves garlic chopped
1/4 Tsp. ground oregano
1/4 Tsp. ground cumin
1/2 Tsp. onion powder
Salt to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
1/2 Tsp. mustard powder
1. Put all of the ingredients in a blender on high, blend until smooth. Add the sauce to a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

2. Add to a jar and refrigerate. The longer it is stored the more pungent the sauce becomes. Try your own variations and Enjoy

Homemade Hot Sauce
3 cups coarsely chopped peppers (stems removed)
2 cups white vinegar
2 tablespoons kosher or pickling salt
1. Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. No matter how tempted you are, don't test the results right away.

2. All right, you tested it, didn't you? Don't reach for water because it just spreads the heat around. Go for peanut butter, milk, ice cream or yogurt--the capsacin binds to the fat in them and is swallowed harmlessly.

3. Feel free to experiment with the flavors a little. Apple cider vinegar provides a more rounded flavor and a few cloves of garlic boost the taste. You can even blend types of peppers to produce your preferred level of heat. For a thinner sauce, strain it though a mesh colander. I like the character the pepper pulp provides, so I leave it in.

4. You can preserve your sauce by canning it in sterilized pint jars in a hot water bath for 35 minutes. For serving, pour into saved and cleaned bottles with a sprinkler top, because with most of these, a little dab will do you.
Homemade Pepper Sauce
Ingredients6 lg Anaheim peppers, about 12 oz
4 Serrano peppers, about 1/2
2 1/4 c Distilled white vinegar
1 c Water
1 tb Salt
InstructionsRemove the stems from the peppers, cut them lengthwise in half, and remove the seeds. Cut crosswise into 1/2" thick slices. Put the peppers, vinegar, water and salt in a medium-size nonreactive saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and let steep until completely cool. Pour the mixture into a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, pour into sterilizied bottles, and secure with airtight lids. Refrigerate and let age for at least 2 weeks before using. The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 months. Risas comments: I used dried New Mexicans and serranos for the sauce. That is what I had. I rehydrated the dried peppers, seeded them and cut them into small pieces and added them to the serranos.

That stuff will light your ass up. :LOL:
My whole garden was a failure this year, except for a few Paprika's which will be dried and ground.
No more gardens for me. Too many weeds and suck weather. I'll buy from local farmers I have for neighbors.
I also know a guy in NY who makes sauces. :LOL:

Dave this recipe has been in my family for years. It's not really hot but you can add as many hot peppers as you wish to kick it up.

I call it Grandma's Chili Sauce because that's were I got the recipe....

Grandma's Chili Sauce

15 cooking apples peeled and sliced
1 basket of large tomatoes peeled and diced (peel by blanching in boiling water for 30 seconds)
2 large onions diced
2 red peppers diced
2 green peppers diced
1-2 hot peppers (or to taste)
1 bunch celery chopped
2 cups white vinegar
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup of salt
5-6 Tablespoons pickling spice tied in a cloth bag

Combine all ingredients in a large pot and simmer for 2 hours once it has come to a boil. The recipe should make enough to fill 12 pint sized mason jars.

Back
Top Bottom