Gumbalya

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
I may have posted this before, but I cant find it..so here goes..

Ingredients:

1 stalk celery
1 onion
Polish sausage / Keibassa - 1 or 2 rings worth
1 stick butter
flour
1 large can clams
1 large can clam juice
1 lb raw shrimp in shells
1 lb small scallops
File powder
1 package frozen okra
2 cups min. rice

Chop celery, onion and sausage. Sweat in a med kettle with oil. While thats cooking, peel shrimp and put shells in a small kettle with water and boil. One it starts to boil, lower and simmer / reduce. Ive been known to put crab boil in the water with the shells. Start a roux using the butter and flower. Once the celery is soft I turn the heat to high and brown everything. Once its browned, add/deglaze with 1 lg can of clam juice. Open the lg can of clams and drain, adding the juice to the kettle. Reserve the clams. Bring to boil, then let simmer for 1/2 hour. Add roux and strain the juice from the shells into the kettle. Bring to boil and add the Okra. Once the okra is warm add the rice. After 2 min, add the clams and scallops. When the rice is done, throw in the shrimp (which I chop, usualy in half or thirds), add the File to taste and serve when the shrimp turn pink.

John,

You only added 2/3 of the trinity. No green peppers? Any self respectin' cajun would have to whoop yo' ass for not adding dem peppas, sure for. :LOL: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom