green beans and apple cider

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woodman3222

Senior Cook
Rachael Ray made this and I used it at the beer dinner I did. It was a big hit.

2 (16-ounce) bags whole frozen green beans
Extra-virgin olive oil
1 small yellow skinned onion, finely chopped
3/4 cup apple cider
Salt and pepper

Put the beans in a large microwave safe bowl, loosely cover bowl with plastic food storage wrap and microwave on high 5 minutes. Uncover and stir the beans, then cover and microwave on high 4 to 7 minutes more, until desired doneness, from still-crisp to tender, but with a bite.

Heat a small skillet over medium low heat. Add a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and the onions and cook until beginning to caramelize, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the cider, raise the heat to medium high and cook until liquid is reduced and syrupy, about 5 minutes.

Remove the beans from microwave. Season the beans with salt and pepper, to taste, and add to the pan with the onions and cider. Toss evenly to coat the beans and keep warm until ready to serve.

Dang that sounds good thanks for sharing. Aint no wonder I am madly in love with Rachel Ray huh? Course the muy bueno coola and big smile might influence a weaker person too ya know? :LOL:

bigwheel

Sounds good...been looking for some new stuff for Christmas brunch...having the family over tommarrow night for dinner. Just added that to the menu !

Back
Top Bottom