Dump cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
1 can crushed pineapples
1 can cherries
1 box yellow cake mix
1.5 sticks butter
In a large square cake pan dump both cans of fruit with juice
(any 15oz canned fruit can be used) spread fruit evenly
sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over fruit
DO NOT STIR OR MIX THE ABOVE
line the top of the dry cake mix with the butter cut into 1/8in pats
bake @350 for 35-45min.,
serve over ice cream
for a sweeter cake add M&Ms to the fruit

I make it all the time, Nick very simple , easy and tastes very good... as 007 pointed out, any cans of fruit will do... What I do different is melt the butter, add like peach schnapps if I'm using peach, then drizzle it all over the top of the cake mixture.. sometimes, I add brown sugar, sprinkled over every inch of the top of the butter mixture for pure sugar rush :D

Nick yes i have made it many times as Bobberqer said its very easy & suprisingly good. You could melt the butter 1st but thats an extra step. When it come time to make desert I try to stay away from hot or sharp things. I've been known to pull out my modified sunglasses that have both lenses removed & duct tape over the left lense opening. (keeps ya from seeing double) 8)

Oh yeah, that stuff is awesome with peaches! I love making it as a quick dessert.

007bond-jb said:
Nick yes i have made it many times as Bobberqer said its very easy & suprisingly good. You could melt the butter 1st but thats an extra step. When it come time to make desert I try to stay away from hot or sharp things. I've been known to pull out my modified sunglasses that have both lenses removed & duct tape over the left lense opening. (keeps ya from seeing double) 8)

If with each recipe you post, you'd post a picture of when you make it...

would make things more interesting!!!!!!! :D

I've made a receipe very close to that when camping (cooked in a dutch oven). It used 7 up for the liquid. I think it was a recipe from a guy named CDub or something like that. He's got a TV show on campfire cooking.

Okay, I had to try it. Did it word for word from the recipe. Came out tasting mighty fine. Next time I'm gonna try eliminating the juice from the cherries or part of the juice from the cherries.

This worked much better than some other recipes I've tried. Thanks bond!

Nick Prochilo said:
Okay, I had to try it. Did it word for word from the recipe. Came out tasting mighty fine. Next time I'm gonna try eliminating the juice from the cherries or part of the juice from the cherries.

This worked much better than some other recipes I've tried. Thanks bond!

Even an old dog can learn new tricks, I see :D lol Glad it turned out well for ya ..

Back
Top Bottom