Diva Q turtle cheesecake
* 1-1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
* 2 tablespoon cocoa
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
* 1/2 cup butter, melted
* 4 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/4 cup milk
* 5 eggs, slightly beaten
* 1 box turtles ( 9 reserved the rest chopped in pieces)
-- for other other 9 cut in half for decorating
-- caramel sauce homemade or store bought
-- dusting of powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For crust, in a bowl combine crushed graham crackers, cocoa, the 1 tablespoon sugar, and, if desired, the cinnamon. Stir in melted butter. Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of an 8- or 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
2. For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, the 1 cup sugar, the flour, and vanilla with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in milk until smooth. Stir in eggs. Mixture should be smooth.
3. Pour filling into crust-lined pan. Place the pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a 2-1/2-inch area around the outside edge appears set when gently shaken.
4. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen the crust from sides of pan; cool for 30 minutes. Remove the sides of the pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving. Decorate with chopped turtles and the half turtles. Drizzle with caramel sauce. Dust with icing sugar.
5. Makes 18 slices