BUZZ's not really a salad, salad!
Always a hit, you need at least one sweet item, this will work as a salad but is almost dessert like.
Pretzel Salad • Yield: 12-16
2 cups pretzels, crushed
1/2 cups sugar, white, to mix with pretzels
1 1/2 stick margarine, room temperature
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup sugar, white
8 ounces Cool Whip
1 package strawberry gelatin, lg. 6 oz. package
2 cups water, boiling
20 ounces strawberries, frozen (not whole)
1. Lightly grease a 9" X 13" glass baking dish.
2. Mix crushed pretzels, ½ cup sugar and margarine.
3. Spread pretzel mixture in greased 9" X 13" inch baking dish, bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
4. Mix cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and whipped topping, spread over pretzel layer.
5. Dissolve gelatin in hot water and add strawberries and their juice to the gelatin.
6. Put in fridge and let set partially 1/2 - 1 hour.
7. Spread on top of cream layer and chill several hours or overnight.
I hope this isn't negative!