Bill Cannon's Surprise Potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
INGREDIENTS

1 full size aluminum-serving pan - this will serve about 50 to 75 people
10 pounds of whole potatoes (I have used Idaho’s, russets, and others)
1 family size can (27oz) of cream of mushroom soup
1 family size can (27oz) of cream of chicken soup
2 cups of sour cream
½ cup of Texas BBQ Rub
¼ cup of paprika
3 cups of shredded cheese (use cheddar or a blend of Monterey jack and cheddar)
¼ cup of granulated garlic (use this to your flavor liking)
*** Optional**** your choice of chopped meat (brisket, butt, sausage)

DIRECTIONS

First cut the potatoes in half (this will speed up the cooking time) and I leave the skin on the potatoes. In a large pot, boil the potatoes. Cooking time on the potatoes is about 30 to 45 minutes. When the potatoes are done, drain off the water and pour them into the serving pan. While the potatoes are still hot, crumble the potatoes into pieces. Add both cans of soup, the sour cream, Texas BBQ Rub, and the granulated garlic and mix into the potatoes. Now add about ½ of the cheese and mix that into the potato mix. Spread this out in the pan and top with a large portion of cheese and then sprinkle with the paprika. Cover with aluminum foil and you can heat this in the oven at 225 degrees for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours (till all the cheese melts) or I stick mine on the pit and melt the cheese on the pit. Note: it is best to work with the potatoes when they are hot but you need to wear some thick heat protective gloves (like the ones we sell on our site).

If you would like to make it a total meal in itself add about 3 cups of chopped meat to the mix and you have a total meal. The kids and grown ups love this stuff. They will go thru it quickly so make plenty to have the next day.

I basically quartered this recipe. You can disregard the 50-75 people that is mentioned above from what I hear, it won't feed that many unless you only give them a tablespoon full.

Back
Top Bottom