Asparagus recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maylar

Home Griller
I'm intending to do some maple planked salmon on the grill and would like some asparagus as one of the sides. I've never cooked it before and would like ideas from the folks who have..

TIA

My favorite way is add a little oil to a CI skillet, let it get hot add the asparagus in till cooked al dente and hit them with a little Cajun seasoning.

Have yet to find a better way then blanching IMO

4 minute boil right to ice bath and then you are ready to cook them.
Saute' in butter and garlic in pan for a few minutes
or go right to hot grill to put a quick char and then to plate.

Cool thing is after they are blanched they can got to plastic bag and keep for a day or 2 until you are ready to finish them off

Same as V, but ditch the Cajan seasoning, and replace it with Dill, or Rosemary, with a little salt and pepper.

I just steam mine so it's nice and crispy. Maybe add some salt and pepper. I use it as a veggie to make my fatty barbecue seem less bad, lol. Or, you could always wrap asparagus in bacon and cook it.

I coat em in olive oil and direct grill on a med heat. Add some salt and pepper near the end and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar - fast and easy.

asparagus.jpg

I coat em in olive oil and direct grill on a med heat. Add some salt and pepper near the end and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar - fast and easy.

View attachment 4816

I do something similar, in a grilling basket, over the coals. Sometimes I'll wrap a few spears with bacon and carefully grill trying to keep the bacon intact. I add the basaltic vinegar at the table.

Back
Top Bottom