Re: Amazing jalapeno mac n cheese (it's famous)
well let's see...
Famous D's JALAPENO MAC AND CHEESE
Worth the time it takes to prepare. Amazing flavor twist on the best comfort food known to man. Goes great with any main dish - or with no main dish at all!
2 tablespoons butter, plus 1/4 cup (1/2 stick), divided
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
3/4 cup half-and-half
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons barbecue sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
4 ounces aged white cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups sweet corn niblets
2 jalapenos, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 pound jumbo elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
8 ounces Colby cheese, cubed
1/2 cup Ritz-style cracker crumbs
1/2 cup panko (Japanese-style) bread crumbs
1/4 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in large pan. Whisk the flour into the butter until thoroughly combined to form a roux. Slowly whisk in the milk, then the half-and-half. Whisk in the mustard, barbecue sauce, salt and pepper.
3. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook, whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes to develop the flavors. Whisk in the white cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Stir in the corn, jalapenos and parsley, then remove from heat.
4. Stir in the macaroni (cooked and drained!), then the cubed sharp cheddar and Colby cheeses. Spoon the macaroni and cheese into a buttered 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
5. Melt the remaining one-quarter cup of butter in a small sauce pan. In a medium bowl, combine the cracker, panko and unseasoned bread crumbs with the melted butter. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the macaroni and cheese.
6. Bake the mac ’n’ cheese until bubbly and browned on top, about 40 minutes.
yep, fits just fine.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln