What not to do...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DATsBBQ

Head Chef
While making up a batch of brisket rub tonight, wind picked up & got a bunch of Chipotle powder in the eyes & up one nostril. Note to self, close window while measuring spices. :( Near as bad as a dose of tear gas.

lol...been there...

had an ember from some lump spark into my eye and get under
my lower eye lid. Painful Thanksgiving.

Despite telling myself repeatedly not too, rubbed my eye while
making abts.

and the most stupid...after receiving a new Forschner in the mail,
I decided to test it's sharpness by running my finger down the blade.

there's more...one time I was cleaning a turkey pot by boiling water,
and when I poured the water out, it ran over my foot.
Boiled foot is not a favorite of mine, although I think the
pygmies in New Guinea like it.

One of the first time I used lump in my kettle I put the top
on and left it alone for a while. When I grabbed the lid to remove
it I got seared hand and threw the lid on m concrete patio,
resulting in it losing its round. Still fits, but not so much.

BTW, for burns, put plain old yellow mustard on the
painful area....works wonders. I should know.

A friend once thought he'd make himself some "chili powder" by putting dried Socorro chilies in the blender. He said that in a few seconds the stuff was all over the room and into every mucous membrane. He thought sure he was going to die. :shock: :LOL:

--John 8)

Well speaking og them hot peppas..sure surprised somebody aint talked of handling them thangs then touching mama in the right place. Whew..it just like riding a bucking horse at the rodeo. Now no first hand expuriences of course. Just rumors I heard:)

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well speaking og them hot peppas..sure surprised somebody aint talked of handling them thangs then touching mama in the right place. Whew..it just like riding a bucking horse at the rodeo. Now no first hand expuriences of course. Just rumors I heard:)

bigwheel

Note to self: Buy Les some rubber gloves BEFORE the japs and chilies are ready to pick!

bigwheel said:

bigwheel

I did handle some and then go to the bathroom once.....just once!! [smilie=a_cry.gif] [smilie=a_holyshit.gif] [smilie=madflame.gif] [smilie=eek2.gif]

I had a contact pop out one day while riding down the road. I pulled over into a gas station, and when I went to put it back in I was quickly reminded that I had put sun screen on earlier that morning. [smilie=a_doh.gif]

Daddy's KungfuBBQ said:
I've got one...
when my wife and I were packing to move we found the pepper spray that she once carried. I wanted to see if it still worked so I sprayed some into a coffee mug. You know the rest...the "fumes" came right back into our faces and we ended up coughing for the rest of the evening. Am I the only person to actually mace themselves on this board? 8)

I guess so. :) I was smart enough to find my wife's pepper spray in the basement and shoot it at the side of the freezer. Sure the fumes sucked, but now the freezer has a big ole orange stain on it. :shock: Her dish towel didn't fix it. Luckily, she didn't get any on her hands when doing the laundry or my experience would have ranked up there with the knife test. :(

I make a lot of Indian. My GF (at the time) and I whipped up some raw tandoori for a chicken I wanted to do.

Into the Cuisinart goes garlic, onions, ginger. Lots of it. 2 cups minimum of the slurry that was in it. GF takes the lid off, and bonehead here sticks face in to take a whiff, not thinking.

I think my hair curled instantly, and my eyelids peeled back. I was coughing for about 4 minutes, my eyes watering, and it was just plain pathetic. Good way to shake a cold though.

Like I said, I wasn't thinking. When the clouds cleared, I actually did it again, not thinking. Second time around, after swearing at myself, I realized it wasn't so bad this time.

In biochem labs, they teach you the hand wave method. Safe for various reasons. I just forgot it.

You ain't wrong!! No gloves, washed hands and an hour later...still burned.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Never make ABT's and forget to take your gloves off and go take a whizz!

I was making fajitas and decided to add a little habaneros to it (never had one before). I chopped them up and started serving the dinner and forgot about them....

until i rubbed my eye. I seriously thought I was going blind.

Habanero in the eye is no bueno. No sir.

LOL that reminds me of something I did.

Was making a Tandoori Chicken (Indian masala). Had pureed many cloves of garlic and lots of ginger in my Cuisinart. The puree could have filled a soup bowl twice. Instead of using the proper hand wave motion, I stuck my nose in and took a big snort.

My eyelids peeled back, and my hair stood on end and changed colour. I cried for about 20 minutes. After my girlfriend stopped laughing, I actually did it again. It was so inviting, yet so painful. A very good way to wake up though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom