Sriracha Hot Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Well thanks for sharing. I wondered where all the heat come from in that stuff. Could tell it real garlicky.

bigwheel

I'm going to have to try that. Got everything in the galley except garlic. I do have a huge jar of chopped garlic in fridge, wonder if that would work?. White vinegar... like the distilled stuff a guy cleans the coffee pot with?

Yeppers Cowboy..think you barking up the right tree here. Also makes an excellent feminine hygiene type rinsing agent..or so I heard. No first hand expurience of course :LOL:

bigwheel

I'm going to give this a shot today....I'm thinking of using my homemade chipoltes...and maybe addind a little bit of sugar as well..any thoughts?

Thinking since you can go buy it at Wally World for 2 bucks and some change..maybe yall got a little too much free time on your hands. :LOL:

bigwheel

That's it....no samples will be sent to Furt Wurth...or however Tejus spell it :D

Edited to pacify the spelling police ;)

After smelling this after only one day...I can see why it would be better to make than buy at Wally's World....

wittdog said:
After smelling this after only one day...I can see why it would be better to make than buy at Wally's World....

I'm holding off on making some, waiting upon the results of your expedition into the realm of hot sauce :D

Yeah...just put a touch of sugar in and added some absorbic acid for color retention.....should I have not put in the sugar? I just thought that it might need a little....

wittdog said:
Yeah...just put a touch of sugar in and added some absorbic acid for color retention.....should I have not put in the sugar? I just thought that it might need a little....

A little late to ask now, don't you think? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Bruce B said:
wittdog said:

No, it's not as my ingredients are lined up and I want to go school on Witt before I pay the tuition :D

Bruce B said:
wittdog said:

I stand by my decision as a cook [smilie=a_madtongue.gif]

Little white sugar never hurt nothing as far as I know..even though it is considered pizzen by my pals over on the raw vegan forum and the folks at the health food shoppe along with white flour..and white rice. Everybody die of something huh?

bigwheel

DATsBBQ said:
OK, just made up a batch. No sugar though, figure I can always it if it's needed. :D

It's only been 5 hours and those peppers have sucked up 1" of vinegar. Is that normal?

Peter said:
wittdog said:
My garlic is turning blue

Mine, too. Must be the peppers. Is yours in the fridge or on the counter?

Mine haven't, but I'm a day behind on the process. Mine are on the counter. I used chopped garlic (cause that is what I had) but no sugar. Still sucking up the vinegar!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom