Rub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokinginva

Assistant Cook
Has anyone tried making a rub that's similar to Tatonka Dust? I'd love a recipe.

This is a great rub, but I need to reduce the salt a little. So I thought if I could make my own, I could control it better.

If somebody would send a sample..I can clone it. Or descibe the taste. What is it?

It's about the most SPAMMED rub on the internet. Since the only SPAM I'll ever buy is a potted meat product made by Hormel, I will never know anything else about it.

You mean you've never heard 'bout it, not even on placebook?

It's actually a delicious rub. I believe a family kept working at it until they perfected it. It has a strong black pepper base. I'm not sure what else is in it, but I can smell the pepper. It's yummy.......just has more salt than I'd like.

I don't know who is spamming it but a lot of people are talking about it because it really is a great rub and unique as well. Its a lot different than any other rubs out there. Give it a try!!!

The only place I've found it is their website. With their customer base, I doubt they'll put it in the stores.

Not sure this would count, but I take balsamic vinaigrette and mix it with oregano flakes and caesar mix (odd combo I know) and then coat veggies and tofu in it and then grill them and they taste really really good, especially when using a charcoal grill

Horopito Seasoning

Hey guys,

i've just moved to New Zealand from High Wycombe (UK) and come across horopito, its a cross between Chilli and Pepper and it has an awesome kick.

not sure if you guys can access it, but well worth a try!

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom