Piedmont BBQ Sauce (Stu Carpenter's Version)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Piedmont BBQ Sauce (Stu Carpenter's Version)

3 parts vinager
1 part ketchup
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Bring to a boil and simmer till the sugar melts.

bigwheel

Hey BW how much is a part ?

3 parts vinager
1 part ketchup
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Dang knew some smart aleck axe that question as I was reading over the recipe. I will take a wild guess it means cups. For example 3 cups vinegar..1 cup ketchup. That makes a total of 4 cups which seems about right for the spice load. Hey swing by a fancy yup supermaket or the local Health Food Shoppe and buy yourself a bottle of "Braggs Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar." Swear that stuff tastes so good I just drink it outta the bottle. Also a great digestive aid. Have a big old greasy meal and drink two swallers..you neva even belch. I threw out some high dollar balsamics when I discovered that stuff. It has good old live enzymes in it etc. Would make a super grand prize winning base for your Piedmont Sauce.

bigwheel

hey; you forgot a bit detail in that!!!
tell the priority in adding ingredients!!!
i tried it did not work for me :evil: :evil:
Any advice???

Well not really any advice since I dont eat that kinda stuff myself. Taking a wild guess it would be a good idear to add the ingredients in the order in which they appear which would mean vinegar first..then the ketchup and the other stuff last. Try that.

bigwheel

Katyjhonson99 said:
hey; you forgot a bit detail in that!!!
tell the priority in adding ingredients!!!
i tried it did not work for me :evil: :evil:
Any advice???

I make a vinegar based sause very similar to this. I put everything in a small sause pan to warm EXCEPT the catsup. I actually will add the catsup after the sause has been warmed, blended and then cooled. I started doing this becuase I add a little catsup then taste, then add more as needed.

Nice recipe. It tastes good. I blended it with some rough ingredients, added chicken cubes, mint, cheese in it. Anyways, thanks for giving us lead bigwheel.

-Cheers

Your mighty welcome sir. Thanks to our old pal Stu for sharing it to start with. I think there is a bunch of versions of it floating around out there. Just noticed on re-reading the ingredient list it calls for red peppa flakes and crushed too. Wonder whut is the difference on them two items. Do you reckon Stu was into the Ezra when he posted?

Re:

bigwheel said:
Dang knew some smart aleck axe that question .....

bigwheel

BW, it ain't your fault.

Jeez peeps. A part is a part! Don't matter if we're talking cups, pints, quarts, 55 gal drums, or tanker trucks. :shock: As long as u use the same measure for 1 part as you do for the other parts it's don't matter.

OK, rant off. It was a long day :(

Re: Re:

1MoreFord said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

BW, it ain't your fault.

Jeez peeps. A part is a part! Don't matter if we're talking cups, pints, quarts, 55 gal drums, or tanker trucks. :shock: As long as u use the same measure for 1 part as you do for the other parts it's don't matter.

not in this case....judging by the amount of the ingredients that are given, the original
recipe probably means a cup for a part. But if you change that part to a gallon, the other ingredients are too small to make any difference...and there's no basis for an incremental increase unless you assume the "part" is a cup.

Captain Morgan said:
1MoreFord said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

BW, it ain't your fault.

not in this case....judging by the amount of the ingredients that are given, the original
reciple probably means a cup for a part. But if you change that part to a gallon, the other ingredients are too small to make any difference...and there's no basis for an incremental increase unless you assume the "part" is a cup.

I'm thinking the same thing! Good point cappy!

1MoreFord said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

BW, it ain't your fault.

:roll: Might wanta start takin the meds at the end of the day :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom