Myron Mixon's Pork Shoulder Marinade (Jack's Old South)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Myron Mixon's Pork Marinade

INGREDIENTS

2 quarts apple juice
1 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 cup orange juice
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons hot sauce
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup salt

DIRECTIONS

Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Whisk until the sugar and salt dissolve. Let cool.

Yield: 12 1/2 cups

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
What cut of pork do you use this on? Have you used it at all?

Nope I've never tried it. Myron was on, if I remember right Paula Dean's show, and he gave out this recipe for a pork shoulder marinade. I copied it from the web site.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":1er05062]What cut of pork do you use this on? Have you used it at all?

Nope I've never tried it. Myron was on, if I remember right Paula Dean's show, and he gave out this recipe for a pork shoulder marinade. I copied it from the web site.[/quote:1er05062]

Bruce there was a re-run of him on Sara's Secrets over the weekend. He gave the recipe there as well. This was an old show that I saw but the recipe was the same I think.

Larry,

That could be the one, I'm sure if he uses a marinade, this isn't exactly the one he uses, but I copied for instances just like this when someone asks "does anybody have a recipe for..."

Bruce B said:
Larry,

That could be the one, I'm sure if he uses a marinade, this isn't exactly the one he uses, but I copied for instances just like this when someone asks "does anybody have a recipe for..."

Oh I agree Bruce. He even chuckled when Sara asked him if that was really his "exact" competition injection. He's no fool!

Q

brian j said:
uh... just looking over the ingredients... never expected olive oil in an injection marinade. i have to cook up some butts for friends next weekend and i might have to give this one a whirl.

Brian I agree, EVOO definitely does not sound like it would go good with BBQ! Bacon grease yeah, EVOO ehh.....

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3gpfppih][quote="Nick Prochilo":3gpfppih]I've used it in an injection for chicken. Tastes fine.

We were talking pork! :)[/quote:3gpfppih]

:) :) :)[/quote:3gpfppih]

Sorry Nicky.... :smooch:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2hzlpf7y][quote="Larry Wolfe":2hzlpf7y][quote="Nick Prochilo":2hzlpf7y]I've used it in an injection for chicken. Tastes fine.

We were talking pork! :)[/quote:2hzlpf7y]

:) :) :)[/quote:2hzlpf7y]

Sorry Nicky.... :smooch:[/quote:2hzlpf7y]

Hey, every now & then I need that! Just ask Bill, Chris, Greg, Bruce, Puff, ....oh never mind!

I'm confused. I always thought Myron was a big peach fan. Where's the peach nectar???? I know he uses peach to smoke with and figured he used peach nectar in his injection.

Uncle Bubba said:
I'm confused. I always thought Myron was a big peach fan. Where's the peach nectar???? I know he uses peach to smoke with and figured he used peach nectar in his injection.

As big as he's getting he probably ate the peaches! 8-[

Uncle Bubba said:
I'm confused. I always thought Myron was a big peach fan. Where's the peach nectar???? I know he uses peach to smoke with and figured he used peach nectar in his injection.[/quote}
Bubba that's probably the secret ingredient. Just supsitiute the peach nectar for the Apple Juice/Cider. :grin: I've been mopping my ribs with a peach netar mop, very tastey.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom