Jamaican Jerk Marinade, Mon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Thanks to this nice place for the recipe. I have made this before and it is outstanding. Sorry the ingredient list is so busy..lol.

http://wegottaeat.com/skydiv4500/recipes/jamaican-jerk-saucemarinade

Ingredients
6 small Scotch Bonnet Peppers (chopped - Habeneros to substitute)
1 bunch scallion (chopped)
1 small onion (chopped)
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
3 tbsp cilantro
3 tbsp parsley
2 tbsp ginger (chopped) - optional
1 tbsp thyme
1 tsp marjoram
2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp lime juice
3 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp dark rum (or spiced rum)
3 tbsp vegatable oil
2 tbsp coarse salt
2 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp light or dark brown sugar

Directions
1. combine all ingredients to create a marinade. Add more of the liquid ingredients to create a sauce that can be simmered and reduced.

Last edited:
Sorry about that. Went and corrected the typo. Sure its supposed to be fresh ginger. As I have been overdosed on the stuff before I am skeered to death of it. I would prob only use only a teaspoon to make sure it was fittin. I would not like to get cornfused with an oriental person.

Thanks for clearing that up, the ingredient previously mentioned was only found in the Urban Dictionary and it was a shortened term for lady parts. I didn't think that was what you meant, but I just never know. :rolleyes:

Yes do that. Sure it would be a big hit with your clientele. Have Jerk night in the middle of the blizzard. I think your on to something here. Get folks minds off the unbuilt snow persons. I actually came within a real close decision time of adapting this particular concoction over to pursuit of dust collectors on the comp chicken portion of events. Never did quite get around to it for some reason. Will assure its worth making. Rubbed under the skin good and allowed to sit overnight..wowser.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom