head country rub???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
It's Head Cheese :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Seriously, I really don't get a cheesy taste/flavor at all from Head Country Rub. I use it almost exclusively on chicken at my place, I think it is in the top 5 of the best rubs available.

Aint never picked up on the cheesey flavor of Headcountry either. I use it on everything. Do know it has a lot of dried bell peppa in it. One of its virtues over some rubs is it aint real salty.

bigwheel

Just picked up a bottle of Head Country Rub from my butcher and I know what you're talking about when you say 'cheesy' taste. It's like eating a bag of Cheeto's and you have that cheesy aftertaste. Good questions what might be in there, let us know if you figure it out!

It could be one thing or a combination of things that give it that cheesy flavor. It could be a natural anti clumping ingredient, corn starch or MSG (which I "think" HC has in it). It could also be a very common ingredient that is ground finer than you're used to and it gives it a different texture and flavor.

I haven't had HC in a couple years, but from what I remember it is very good but I don't recall a cheesy flavor.

Back
Top Bottom