Chris Lilly's Pork Injection (Big Bob Gibson BBQ)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
INGREDIENTS

3/4 cup apple, juice
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup salt
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

DIRECTIONS

Inject shoulder with injection solution (1/2 oz. Per pound).
Coat well with rub mixture (4 oz. Per shoulder).
Gently pat shoulder so rub will adhere.

Cook on pit or smoker for 1 hour per pound on 225 degrees.

Injections for pork, I just don't get it, Most balk at enhanced pork from the store, Why would you want to pump pork in the first place? Someone please explain this to me.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Injections for pork, I just don't get it, Most balk at enhanced pork from the store, Why would you want to pump pork in the first place? Someone please explain this to me.

Again Pigs, I don't get it either. I don't marinade pork or inject. I was merely responding to a request from a fellow board member not offering endorsements.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:

If you pump it yourself you can control what flavors and the amount that goes into the meat.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":31e9snml]Injections for pork, I just don't get it, Most balk at enhanced pork from the store, Why would you want to pump pork in the first place? Someone please explain this to me.

If you pump it yourself you can control what flavors and the amount that goes into the meat.[/quote:31e9snml]
Guess this is like the whole sauce or not to sauce thing, I like the taste of pork, Guess I'll never understand it.

Enhanced meat in the store is just a salt solution to help the meat retain mosture when cooked. Injections are usually to add flavor and at the same time they can help retain mosture.

Use them, don't use them. Do whatever you want to do.

I've injected butts and was happy with the results, you can still taste the meat it just adds that little something to it, kind of like adding a little something to it after its been pulled.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom