Chimichurri

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn White

Sous Chef
"Chimichurri is an Argentine salsa verde that's always on hand at an asado. Recipes can vary, but every chimichurri features garlic, oregano, oil and vinegar, a punchy combination that makes the sauce particularly good with fattier cuts."

Bunch fresh parsley (about a generous half-ounce/20g), leaves only, chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
Half tsp sea salt
Small red chilli, finely chopped, or a pinch of chilli flakes
1 spring onion (white part only) finely chopped
4tbsp olive oil
1tbsp wine vinegar
Mix all the ingredients together with a generous grinding of black pepper.

I found this recipe from a thread over on TVWBB. Made it and all I can say is wow! Fantastic!

Put it on your steaks immediately after the flip. I did the basic EVOO S&P treatment on the steak and let them come to room temp before grilling.

I used white wine vinegar, 2 green onions instead of one spring onion. Added 3 whole bay leaves and 1/3 finely diced red bell pepper and a bit of lemon juice.

Maybe my bunch or parsley was huge but I ended up tripling everything else but the salt for my one bunch of parsley. I did rib-eyes last night and rib steaks tonight.

Here's my chimmi recipe. It came from an od Time-Life recipe book. I like it.

CHIMICHURRI

½ cup olive
¼ cup red wine vinegar
½ cup finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1 ½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

In a bowl, combine oil and vinegar, and beat them together with a whisk or fork. Stir in the onions, garlic, parsley, oregano, Cayenne, salt, and pepper, and taste for seasoning. Let stand for 2-3 hours at room temp before serving.

I always use 1/3 fresh cilantro, 1/3 fresh parsley, 1/3 basil..,, I also add a few sundried tomatoes in there to add a soft taste to it

Back
Top Bottom