Buying Spices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank's for the info, I've used Penzy's they have a lot of spices, also I'm fortunite, there's a store about 15 minutes from my house [smilie=a_bravo.gif] lucky me!
I was just wondering maybe you found a better place since I've never really looked around.
Besides it doesn't hurt to ask. [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

ZBQ said:
Here is one that Dr. BBQ just recommended to me as a good source for chilis and chili powder. I have no experience with them but hey, if he recommended them, they must not be too bad.

http://www.penderys.com/default.aspx

I use Penderys for all my spices - I also use them as a co-packer. Besides being great folks, they have a huge warehouse of spices...just about anything a person could ask for...for bulk orders call - the online catalog prices are retail.

wittdog said:
I wish there was a Penzys near here...

I buy a lot of Penzeys mail order as well as from other places. BUT, a penzey store will make you screaming nuts. The way they have stuff laid out is insane. If you are browsing, fine.....but go in with a shopping list and hang on to your sanity.....I went in the one in Phila, never again.

Flytyer said:
Obviously this is not an online source but Sam's has a good selection of bulk spices - pretty cheap. However, I use Penzy's as well. Discovered them in Minneapolis and just love the fact that they can sell spices almost exclusively and still stay in business!

There is also a store in Des Moines.

Back
Top Bottom