bullion cubes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Think you might be speaking of Knorr brand here. They superior to any others I have tried. Course for folks who read the lable they all got salt listed as the first ingredient..which aint a good sign. Might I suggest a stroll through the grocery store to find some stuff called "Better Than Bullion." It hangs out next door to the bullion cubes in the soup ailse. Light smear of that stuff applied directly to the meat should work mo betta than the bullion cube. Would not put it in the rub. It very beefy and salt hits a little lower on the ingredient list. Now if you want to really squat in tall cotton find yourself some stuff called "Minor's Beef Base"..thats whut the big boys use. Aint real easy to find at the retail level but somebody say Costco got it nowadays. Easy to get any pals in the restaurant bizness to snag you a jug of the stuff. Just thinking out loud here. :D

bigwheel

ditto what BigWheel said...any time you look at the ingrediant list and see salt listed first, that's the biggest ingrediant. You could use it your rub if you cut way back on the salt you put in there, find the right balance.

Bet that is some good stuff. Like near all the Durkee products. Hard to find at the regular grocery stores these days. Think McCormick has gobbled up all the shelf space. Have to get to Sams I guess.

bigwheel

JamesB said:
We like the "Better Than Bullion" stuff too... really good stuff compared to the little salty cubes...

Now here lately, I've been playing with this Steak Dust stuff I picked up at Sam's... Pretty danged good in a beef rub...
0004760059068_LG.jpg

James.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom