WWIV - Page 5 - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-29-2006, 10:42 PM   #81
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Bruce B's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Utica, MI
Posts: 6,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittdog
One thing we as a people need to watch is for a group….practices of Islam, born again Christians, Catholics or what ever…. using our system to change things………
Oh like the ACLU, Planned Parenthood, GreenPeace, National Organization for Women, NAACP, (just to mention a few) it's amazing when the left tells others to watch out for groups the only one's they mention are religious groups. I'll take their changes over what the latter's changes would be in a heartbeat.
__________________

__________________
Bruce
Treasurer, Great Lakes BBQAssociation
www.glbbqa.com
Rubbed, Smoked, and Sauced Competition BBQ Team-
22 1/2" WSM, 2 18 1/2" WSM's, 22 1/2" Weber Kettle
Bruce B is offline  
Old 07-29-2006, 10:51 PM   #82
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Bruce B's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Utica, MI
Posts: 6,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wolfe
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittdog
That's were you're wrong Larry...the goverment can and has taken steps to prevent that uncontrolable event...it was call Prohibition and it sucked.
Yeah and the "Boy's" still made liquor and they still drove after drinking............... Banning smoking in a bar is an enforcable law that helps protect the public's health. You can try to prevent drinking and driving, but the govenment can't, even if prohibition was still in effect.
Sorry Larry, have to disagree with you on this one. Show me the hundreds and hundreds of people who have died from second hand smoke from sitting in bars or sitting anywhere for that matter. Better yet don't show me, name just one, don't know any...OK, see if you can get me just one. THERE AREN"T ANY. The State controls the Liquor License of those bars and they caved to the anti-smoking crowd and decided, instead of telling non-smokers to find non-smoking bars, they made all bars non-smoking and said comply or lose your license. If you think that law is so enforceable, as I understand it, it is a Public Health Violation and the Health Department must be notified. I don't think the police even get involved...I may be wrong.
__________________

__________________
Bruce
Treasurer, Great Lakes BBQAssociation
www.glbbqa.com
Rubbed, Smoked, and Sauced Competition BBQ Team-
22 1/2" WSM, 2 18 1/2" WSM's, 22 1/2" Weber Kettle
Bruce B is offline  
Old 07-29-2006, 11:35 PM   #83
Wizard of Que
 
DATsBBQ's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Galveston TX
Posts: 1,763
What Bruce said is on target.
Lock & load, time to take control.
DATsBBQ is offline  
Old 07-30-2006, 05:19 AM   #84
BBQ Centralite
 
Woodman's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mentor, Oh
Posts: 4,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finney
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittdog
The right to smoke in a bar.....They are trying to take away the right to bear arms....The freedom of speech, the right to have a free press corps...
Okay... I don't like you any more. #-o
You didn’t’ like me to begin with…
Well, the Constitution clearly does protect "the right to smoke one's head off" in the 42nd amendment! But the "Statute of Liberty" clearly repealed it in inviting all those "yearning to breathe free" into the darn country!
__________________
"I was born to cook for people"
Woodman is offline  
Old 07-30-2006, 05:32 AM   #85
BBQ Central Pro


 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lindenhurst, NY
Posts: 994
Aa little food for thought...

Have you ever thought -- Is Muslim-American really an oxymoron? Can a devout Muslim be an American patriot and a loyal citizen?

This question was asked of an American contractor who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years. The following is his forwarded reply:


"Theologically, no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of Arabia.

Religiously, no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)

Scripturally, no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).

Geographically, no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in prayer five times a day.

Socially, no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.

Politically, no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and destruction of America, the great Satan.

Domestically, no. Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).

Intellectually, no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.

Philosophically, no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co - exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or
Autocratic.

Spiritually, no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in the Quran's 99 excellent names."

Therefore after much study and deliberation.... perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be both "good" Muslims and good Americans. Call it what you wish.....it's still the truth.

The religious war is bigger and more complex than the average American currently know, or understand.

on the lighter side

Everyone seems to be wondering why Muslim terrorists are so quick to commit suicide.
Let's see now. . . .
No Jesus
No Christmas
No television
No baseball
No football
No hockey
No golf
No Wal-Mart
No Home Depot
No pork BBQ
No Bacon
No hot dogs
No burgers
No chocolate chip cookies
No lobster
No shellfish, or even frozen fish sticks
No gumbo
No jambalaya

Rags for clothes and towels for hats.

Constant wailing from the guy next-door because he's sick and there are no doctors.

Constant wailing from the guy in the tower.

More than one wife.

You can't shave.

Your wives can't shave.

You can't shower to wash off the smell of donkey cooked over burning camel dung.

The women have to wear baggy dresses and veils at all times.

Your bride is picked by someone else.

She smells just like your donkey.

But your donkey has a better disposition.

Then they tell you that when you die it all gets better!

I mean, really, is there a mystery here? 8-[
__________________
Aim for Sucess, not perfection
Good Country, This America
Bobberqer is offline  
Old 07-30-2006, 05:39 AM   #86
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Pigs On The Wing BBQ's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Akron New York
Posts: 6,922
Good stuff! BTW Why the F do I have to push 1 for English?
__________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that,
you've got it made. -Groucho Marx (1890-1977)
www.oinktoberfest.com
Team Gruber Mister BBQ
KCBS Citified Judge 8282
Tomorrow is just your future yesterday
Pigs On The Wing BBQ is offline  
Old 07-30-2006, 05:46 AM   #87
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posts: 14,162
Muslims can't have fish sticks???? :-k
__________________
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
Captain Morgan is offline  
Old 07-30-2006, 06:26 AM   #88
Moderator
 
wittdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: West Seneca NY
Posts: 9,860
[quote="Bruce B"][quote="wittdog"]The right to smoke in a bar.....They are trying to take away the right to bear arms....The freedom of speech, the right to have a free press corps...The right to smoke in a bar.....They are trying to take away the right to bear arms....The freedom of speech, the right to have a free press corps...Absolute power corrupts absolutely.....[b]the White House tries to squash the story about the secret monitoring of various things that the New York Times was reporting on….Look at the “War coverage
__________________
Save the gas for the criminals Q with wood...

I get more sauced then my Ribs

My Bark is as good as my Bite!

Swine so fine it's Criminal

Never trust a skinny cook!!!!!!!!
wittdog is offline  
Old 07-30-2006, 07:48 AM   #89
BBQ Central Pro


 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 999
Seems strange how people who smoke meat worry about cig smoke ruining the air.

the end is near. The end.
__________________
Spicewine Turbo 2007 model
Perry Brothers & Sons Bar-B-Q
DaleP is offline  
Old 07-30-2006, 08:02 AM   #90
Wizard of Que
 
DATsBBQ's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Galveston TX
Posts: 1,763
When W took office the country was entering a recession (2 quarters back to back of negative growth), then 911 happened. Go figure why the surplus is gone.
DATsBBQ is offline  
Old 07-30-2006, 09:01 AM   #91
BBQ Centralite
 
Kloset BBQR's Avatar


 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hudson, OH
Posts: 3,150
And since Bush's tax cuts, federal tax revenues are at an all time high despite the fact that the Democrats consistently politicize the negative impacts tax cuts will have on the economy.

Dem's just don't get it, especially when it has to do with national security and economic prinicpals. And BTW, Clinton inherited the best economy of all time thanks to Reagonomics. It took him eight years to unravel but he managed to do it. And you can thank him for selling our military secrets to the Chinease, not responding to terrorist attacks during his watch, refusing to accept custody of Osama Bin Laden when he was offered up to him on a silver platter, and of being the only elected president in U.S. history to be impeached. Quite a legacy indeed!
__________________
Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

KCBS member & Certified BBQ Judge

The mission of the Kansas City Barbeque Society is to celebrate, teach, preserve, and promote barbecue as a culinary technique, sport and art form.

Sic semper tyrannis!

https://www.impeach-barack-obama.com/

https://theglennbeck912project.com/
Kloset BBQR is offline  
Old 07-30-2006, 09:12 AM   #92
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloset BBQR
And since Bush's tax cuts, federal tax revenues are at an all time high and the debt is shrinking despite the billions spent on the war.

Dem's just don't get it, especially when it has to do with national security and economic prinicpals. And BTW, Clinton inherited the best economy of all time thanks to Reagonomics. It took him eight years to unravel but he managed to do it. And you can thank him for selling our military secrets to the Chinease, not responding to terrorist attacks during his watch, refusing to accept custody of Osama Bin Laden when he was offered up to him on a silver platter, and of being the only elected president in U.S. history to be impeached. Quite a legacy indeed!
Hear hear !! =D> =D> =D>
 
Old 07-30-2006, 09:53 AM   #93
Moderator
 
wittdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: West Seneca NY
Posts: 9,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloset BBQR
And since Bush's tax cuts, federal tax revenues are at an all time high despite the fact that the Democrats consistently politicize the negative impacts tax cuts will have on the economy.

Dem's just don't get it, especially when it has to do with national security and economic prinicpals. And BTW, Clinton inherited the best economy of all time thanks to Reagonomics. It took him eight years to unravel but he managed to do it. And you can thank him for selling our military secrets to the Chinease, not responding to terrorist attacks during his watch, refusing to accept custody of Osama Bin Laden when he was offered up to him on a silver platter, and of being the only elected president in U.S. history to be impeached. Quite a legacy indeed!
Regonomics?!?! The trickle down effect!!!Give tax breaks to the rich and piss on the poor......and which president was funding Bin Laden in the war against the Soviets........and lets not talk about how Ronnie killed the unions....the rich get richer and the poor just get *@%&.
__________________
Save the gas for the criminals Q with wood...

I get more sauced then my Ribs

My Bark is as good as my Bite!

Swine so fine it's Criminal

Never trust a skinny cook!!!!!!!!
wittdog is offline  
Old 07-30-2006, 10:02 AM   #94
BBQ Centralite
 
Kloset BBQR's Avatar


 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hudson, OH
Posts: 3,150
In order to get a tax break you have to pay tax. The poor don't pay tax. And as far as pissing on the poor, no President has spent more on entitlement payments for the poor than GWB!
__________________
Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

KCBS member & Certified BBQ Judge

The mission of the Kansas City Barbeque Society is to celebrate, teach, preserve, and promote barbecue as a culinary technique, sport and art form.

Sic semper tyrannis!

https://www.impeach-barack-obama.com/

https://theglennbeck912project.com/
Kloset BBQR is offline  
Old 07-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #95
BBQ Centralite
 
Kloset BBQR's Avatar


 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hudson, OH
Posts: 3,150
The only union that Reagen killed was PATCO and I applaud him for that! =D>
__________________
Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

KCBS member & Certified BBQ Judge

The mission of the Kansas City Barbeque Society is to celebrate, teach, preserve, and promote barbecue as a culinary technique, sport and art form.

Sic semper tyrannis!

https://www.impeach-barack-obama.com/

https://theglennbeck912project.com/
Kloset BBQR is offline  
Old 07-30-2006, 10:14 AM   #96
Wizard of Que
 
DATsBBQ's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Galveston TX
Posts: 1,763
50% of the people who make up the tax base do not pay any Federal Income tax, which means the other 50% are pulling the whole load. Infact, many of those who don't pay Federal Income taxes actually get money from the Goverment (EIC), medicaid, foodstamps, WIC, and so forth.

Lower tax rates actually improved tax revenue. It's proven over and over again.

At the margin, a lower tax rate results in the "Rich" having more $$$. What do they do with the extra $$$. They hire more folks, upgrade or buy more durable goods (trucks, machines, computers) whichs grows the economy. That is why tax revenues increase when the tax rates decrease.

The Dems are all about income redistribution. Take from the "Rich" and dole it out to the poor, which I find moraly repugnent.

So after a recession and 911, fighting WW4, the estimated deficiet has actually be cut in half over that last 6 months. Why, the Bush tax rate cuts.
DATsBBQ is offline  
Old 07-30-2006, 10:19 AM   #97
Moderator
 
wittdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: West Seneca NY
Posts: 9,860
America as a society is heading towards the working poor…..The middle class carries the burden not the rich….and the middle class is shrinking….
__________________
Save the gas for the criminals Q with wood...

I get more sauced then my Ribs

My Bark is as good as my Bite!

Swine so fine it's Criminal

Never trust a skinny cook!!!!!!!!
wittdog is offline  
Old 07-30-2006, 10:25 AM   #98
BBQ Centralite
 
Kloset BBQR's Avatar


 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hudson, OH
Posts: 3,150
When Reagen took office, from Jimmy Carter, the country was in it's worst eceonomic condition since The Great Depression. Why? Well first of all Carter disproved a long time theory long held by economists, that high unemployment and inflation could not happen at the same time. I doubt if too many people remember when the prime rate was 21% and the top income tax bracket was 90% and that's before state and local taxes. No incentive to earn extra income or invest. Once Regan slashed the tax rates, the economy took off, the Dow broke 1000 and the biggest economic boom in history occured. Why because the private sector can spend money much more efficiently than the government. Prosperity and lower tax rates ultimately bring more tax revenues to the government.
__________________
Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

KCBS member & Certified BBQ Judge

The mission of the Kansas City Barbeque Society is to celebrate, teach, preserve, and promote barbecue as a culinary technique, sport and art form.

Sic semper tyrannis!

https://www.impeach-barack-obama.com/

https://theglennbeck912project.com/
Kloset BBQR is offline  
Old 07-30-2006, 10:33 AM   #99
BBQ Centralite
 
Kloset BBQR's Avatar


 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hudson, OH
Posts: 3,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittdog
America as a society is heading towards the working poor…..The middle class carries the burden not the rich….and the middle class is shrinking….
Yes the middle class is shrinking because more people are moving into the upper class.

Who makes up the poor? Generally those that have no marketable skills, dropped out of school, came from generations of single parents or no parent homes. Why do first generation immigrants that come into this country with nothing make it and certain classes of Americans don't. It's called work ethic ! It's a capalistic society and it works. Fortunately if you are unfortunate to be poor in this country, you still have a much higher standard of living than most in other countries.
__________________
Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

KCBS member & Certified BBQ Judge

The mission of the Kansas City Barbeque Society is to celebrate, teach, preserve, and promote barbecue as a culinary technique, sport and art form.

Sic semper tyrannis!

https://www.impeach-barack-obama.com/

https://theglennbeck912project.com/
Kloset BBQR is offline  
Old 07-30-2006, 10:35 AM   #100
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posts: 14,162
so how come Muslims can't have fish sticks?
__________________

__________________
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
Captain Morgan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off







All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×