WWIV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wittdog said:
That's were you're wrong Larry...the goverment can and has taken steps to prevent that uncontrolable event...it was call Prohibition and it sucked.

Yeah and the "Boy's" still made liquor and they still drove after drinking............... Banning smoking in a bar is an enforcable law that helps protect the public's health. You can try to prevent drinking and driving, but the govenment can't, even if prohibition was still in effect.

Larry Wolfe said:
wittdog said:
That's were you're wrong Larry...the goverment can and has taken steps to prevent that uncontrolable event...it was call Prohibition and it sucked.

Yeah and the "Boy's" still made liquor and they still drove after drinking............... Banning smoking in a bar is an enforcable law that helps protect the public's health. You can try to prevent drinking and driving, but the govenment can't, even if prohibition was still in effect.

Exactly, if Homer Simpson was smart enough to fill bowling balls with home made bathtub brew and find a way to get it to Moe's, you know other people were sneakin the liquor and gettin it past the law.

wdroller said:
Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
You know, my only beef is the fact that they are chopping heads off and killing anyone non islamic very brutally but when we treat a gitmo detainee "poorly" they have to burn flags and say death to the U.S. Those people need to just be removed from the earth.

Don't forget that King Richard I (aka the Lionheart, aka Lionhearted) killed 2,700 Muslim prisoners at Acre--by beheading them. That, too, was a Holy War, and we know it as the Third Crusade.

Well you know what they say, the Third time's the charm!

Gentlemen:
The is a distinct difference between a Constitutional Right and a Privilege. You don't have "right" to drive a car on a public roadway, you have a privilege - its call a drivers license and the government can take it away.

As a young buck about age 13, I drove grain trucks, tractors, pickups and the like in the fields but not on the road because the Gov wouldn't grant that privilege to a 13 yr old.

You have several rights that are enumerated in the Constitution. Tell me one that has been taken away in it's entirety by GWB and I'll send you a country ham.

Now back to WW4. Perhaps we would be in this mess if old King Richard had chopped the heads off of a couple more thousand of the Islamo-facists of the day.

You can't appease these devils. You can't reason with them. They are a cancer on western civilization. Perhaps a little radiation therapy is in order.

I agree DAT and the only ones trying to take away your rights are the minority party, the party of Kennedy, Clinton, Gore, Feinstein, Shumer, Kerry, Boxer, Pelosi, Al Franken, and Michael Moore.

GWB is a gun toting, BBQing, God fearing, cussing American! :grin:

Just the thought of losing this war and the right to Q pork (yes it is a right (life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness) ought to convert even the most liberal BBQ'er on this site!

I agree that the Qing of Pork is protected under the pursuit of happiness clause, but I'd also support an amendment to the constitution that said the Government shall pass no law restricting the Qing of Pork.

Qed Pork should be staple at GITMO, along with hush puppies and tater salad. After a couple of months of that diet, the "detainees" might renounce thier Islamo-facists beliefs and want to open a Tony Romas in Iran.

As for supporting Israel, they're doing our work for us. I say let 'em bomb the hell of the terrorists. If the Islamo-facists were to lay down thier guns there would be peace in the Middle east (until they started fighting with each other). If Israel lays down her guns, there will be no Israel to hammer the terrorists for us.

It becomes a privilege when the gov...tells us we can do it....To much deep thoughts for one day...I'm going to some some cigs, drink some beers and eat some pork...Until the gov takes it away from me

wittdog said:
It becomes a privilege when the gov...tells us we can do it....To much deep thoughts for one day...I'm going to some some cigs, drink some beers and eat some pork...Until the gov takes it away from me
Out of your'e cold dead hand's huh Dog :!:

wittdog said:
:-k 8-[

The Joker said:
wittdog said:
:-k 8-[
The goverment in now OK it's spelling and grammer nazis I can't stand :razz: :grin:

DATsBBQ said:
Here in Colorful Colorado we have the 'Make My Day Law", simply said that if someone breaks into your house you have right to blow them away, as long as you say you were "afeared for my life" and corpse is found inside the house.

Here in Alaska we're allowed to respond to deadly force with deadly force at home, or anywhere else. You've always been able to shoot someone in your house but used to have to back down elsewhere. We fixed that. Oh yeah, we're also allowed to concealed carry without requiring a permit.

Griff

DATsBBQ said:
Here in Colorful Colorado we have the 'Make My Day Law", simply said that if someone breaks into your house you have right to blow them away, as long as you say you were "afeared for my life" and corpse is found inside the house.

Here in Alaska we're allowed to respond to deadly force with deadly force at home, or anywhere else. You've always been able to shoot someone in your house but used to have to back down elsewhere. We fixed that. Oh yeah, we're also allowed to concealed carry without requiring a permit.

Griff

Griff said:
DATsBBQ said:

Griff
Man, things gotta change! In Florida, you're packin' in 3 days..Here in NY, takes a fricken' year to get the permit!! #-o And back in the 80's, I walked out of the store with my loaded handgun only bein' in there about 30 minutes. No background, no nothin'.. (In Orlando)

Griff said:
DATsBBQ said:

Griff
How's the housing in Alaska, that sounds like a nice place to live!!! I can guarantee that the crime rate is alot different there than it is like say D.C.!!! If some Thug knows he's gonna get shot if he tries to car jack or rob someone, then he's gonna think twice!!! =D> =D>

Griff said:
DATsBBQ said:

Griff
My wife wants to sell our house and move..........I have just decided Alaska is the place to house hunt =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

wittdog said:
The right to smoke in a bar.....They are trying to take away the right to bear arms....The freedom of speech, the right to have a free press corps...The right to smoke in a bar.....They are trying to take away the right to bear arms....The freedom of speech, the right to have a free press corps...Absolute power corrupts absolutely.....the White House tries to squash the story about the secret monitoring of various things that the New York Times was reporting on….Look at the “War coverageâ€

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Here is a example, I used to shoot trap on a league, my shotgun broke, I went to the gun store to buy a new one while it was in the shop and had to wait 3 days to pick it up. (Brady law) Also I bought my first gun when I was 16 no adult needed no paper work, just a sale. NOT ANY MORE!

So we should be selling shotguns to 16 year olds now...that's a fine idea. You mean not one of the other trap shooters had an extra shotgun lying around you could borrow until the 3 days was up?

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":eau392yi][quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":eau392yi]Here is a example, I used to shoot trap on a league, my shotgun broke, I went to the gun store to buy a new one while it was in the shop and had to wait 3 days to pick it up. (Brady law) Also I bought my first gun when I was 16 no adult needed no paper work, just a sale. NOT ANY MORE!

Chris, what right was taken away?? You were still able to purchase your gun, you just had to wait for it.[/quote:eau392yi]
I can't buy a AK-47 Or a M-16 Or any auto wepon. It's okay for the government to have them, just not me. :)[/quote:eau392yi]

Somehow that makes me sleep better. :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom