WWII Ride 1948

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And you guys think my Fiero's a girly car??? :lmao: :lcry: :lmao:

Griff said:
Well, since we're racing coupes, here's a pic of mine.

Griff
What is that Griff? I think my Granpa had one.
(and no i'm being a smart-ass)

Griff said:
Well, since we're racing coupes, here's a pic of mine.

Griff
Nice!!! Too bad you can only drive it 1 month out of the year. :razz:

Puff said:

Puff, it's a 1929 Ford Model A coupe with rumble seat. It's a family treasure. My father restored it about 15 years ago. He picked this car because it was the first car he bought after he got out of the army at the end of WWII. Eight years ago when he and Mom had to sell the house and move into an apartment because they were getting too old to do yardwork, etc., he gave it to me. I'm just a temporary custodian until I think it's time to give it to one of my sons. The license plate is POPS29. Pops is what my sons call their grandpa.

Griff

Griff said:
Puff said:

Puff, it's a 1929 Ford Model A coupe with rumble seat. It's a family treasure. My father restored it about 15 years ago. He picked this car because it was the first car he bought after he got out of the army at the end of WWII. Eight years ago when he and Mom had to sell the house and move into an apartment because they were getting too old to do yardwork, etc., he gave it to me. I'm just a temporary custodian until I think it's time to give it to one of my sons. The license plate is POPS29. Pops is what my sons call their grandpa.

Griff
That's cool !!! :(

The Joker said:
Nice!!! Too bad you can only drive it 1 month out of the year. :razz:

Joke

You're pretty close to the truth. Model A's have no heater and no turn signals so you have to roll down the window and use a hand signal. These are not good things when you live in Alaska.

Griff

Green Hornet said:
I'll race ya!

Neato ride! Our Jeep dealer has a 66 Jeepster that looks very similar on display. Same color.... kinda :!:
Sold the Nova a while back, My bud has it now, Go for "pinks?" :grin:

I'll give you 3 cars, And no bottle. :grin: My bud Don takes great action pics at the track, They aint cheap though. :badgrin:

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
[quote="Green Hornet":388t63j9]I'll race ya!

Neato ride! Our Jeep dealer has a 66 Jeepster that looks very similar on display. Same color.... kinda :!:

I'll give you 3 cars, And no bottle. :grin: My bud Don takes great action pics at the track, They aint cheap though. :badgrin:[/quote:388t63j9]
Don or Dan? 8-[

The Joker said:
Griff said:
Puff said:

Griff
That's cool !!! :(
I'll have to check back in my Grandpa's paper's to see if it was the same model.
He had alot of cars in his 99 yrs. on this earth!
The last car he had I have. a 1977 Chrysler Newport, 55k mi., never been smoked in, and not a spot of rust! I am proud to have it.
Thats great that one of your'e boy's will get to enjoy that treasure one day :grin:

The Joker said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":2jkvc13k][quote="Green Hornet":2jkvc13k]I'll race ya!

I'll give you 3 cars, And no bottle. :grin: My bud Don takes great action pics at the track, They aint cheap though. :badgrin:[/quote:2jkvc13k]
Don or Dan? 8-[[/quote:2jkvc13k]
I call him Don, Never corected me so I thought he was cool with it.
Guess I'll have to ask him next Tuesday at test and tune night. :)

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
[quote="Green Hornet":16ncxdts]I'll race ya!

I'll give you 3 cars, And no bottle. :grin: My bud Don takes great action pics at the track, They aint cheap though. :badgrin:[/quote:16ncxdts]
Yes!............Autocross in a parking lot sound OK? :grin: :!:

man i want me a Nova, primer grey with black here and there, some tourqe thrust rims and a nice rumble under the hood....

crazyhorse said:
man i want me a Nova, primer grey with black here and there, some tourqe thrust rims and a nice rumble under the hood....
crazyhorse: Old School rules around here, The old Nova had no computer, Just a cast iron big block motor with a after market intake and a 780 Holly off a vet with MSD ignition also a 9 inch rear from a ford ( They don't break ) 4:56 gears. What fun

Back
Top Bottom