wsm review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
Weber Smokey Mountain
From Derrick Riches,
Your Guide to Barbecues & Grilling.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!
Guide Rating -
The Bottom Line
Of all the inexpensive charcoal smokers on the market this is the one that truly stands out. The Weber Smokey Mountain has its own fan sites and generates a lot of attention. If you are not interested in feeding and army or catering then this backyard unit has all the power to make some great barbecue. The superior airflow design makes this unit easy to use and allows it to hold even, consistent temperatures for many hours. A great unit for the amateur barbecuer.

I thought this was kinda funny!!!!

What's wrong with his statement? A monkey humping a football can make good barbecue on a WSM. A good barbecue cook can make good barbecue on any thing. :eep: :grin:

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
What's wrong with his statement? A monkey humping a football can make good barbecue on a WSM. A good barbecue cook can make good barbecue on any thing. :eep: :grin:

There's alot of pro's that use WSM's, BGE's, Pellet Cookers and gas cookers. They're equally easy to tend to as a WSM is, so I'm disagreeing with his statement when he singled out the WSM is a "great unit for an amateur". Yes it's a good unit for beginners as well as the Pro's in my opinion. There's more to making good BBQ than just filling the WSM with charcoal and wood. So I honestly take offence to your statement "a monkey humping a football can make good barbecue on a WSM". I do agree however that the cook makes good BBQ not the pit. :rant:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":2spuxmqx]What's wrong with his statement? A monkey humping a football can make good barbecue on a WSM. A good barbecue cook can make good barbecue on any thing. :eep: :grin:

There's alot of pro's that use WSM's, BGE's, Pellet Cookers and gas cookers. They're equally easy to tend to as a WSM is, so I'm disagreeing with his statement when he singled out the WSM is a "great unit for an amateur". Yes it's a good unit for beginners as well as the Pro's in my opinion. There's more to making good BBQ than just filling the WSM with charcoal and wood. So I honestly take offence to your statement "a monkey humping a football can make good barbecue on a WSM". I do agree however that the cook makes good BBQ not the pit. :rant:[/quote:2spuxmqx]
Pigs is correct.... If the monkey bought WolfeRub. :!: =D> :)

As a matter of fact it can cause that what we did our winning butts on at Smoke on the Beach . Might get myself one when the time and money arise , I wanst sure of them till I saw what they could do that weekend.

What makes a "Pro" barbecue cook? What qualifies as "Pro" barbecue cook? What is a "Pro" barbecue cook?

Oh geez, you're like a billy goat, hard headed and stinky butt! You'd argue with a fence post. :)

Finney said:
Pigs is correct.... If the monkey bought WolfeRub. :!: =D> :)

Finney I like your way of thinking! :grin: So all you monkeys out there buy your Wolfe Rub today at www.wolferub.com . "It'll make even the dumbest monkey cook good Q"! 8-[

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":xuqt27zx]What makes a "Pro" barbecue cook? What qualifies as "Pro" barbecue cook? What is a "Pro" barbecue cook?

Oh geez, you're like a billy goat, hard headed and stinky butt! You'd argue with a fence post. :)[/quote:xuqt27zx]
Your too easy Larry! :grin:

Finney said:
Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":3ljmhig7]What's wrong with his statement? A monkey humping a football can make good barbecue on a WSM. A good barbecue cook can make good barbecue on any thing. :eep: :grin:

There's alot of pro's that use WSM's, BGE's, Pellet Cookers and gas cookers. They're equally easy to tend to as a WSM is, so I'm disagreeing with his statement when he singled out the WSM is a "great unit for an amateur". Yes it's a good unit for beginners as well as the Pro's in my opinion. There's more to making good BBQ than just filling the WSM with charcoal and wood. So I honestly take offence to your statement "a monkey humping a football can make good barbecue on a WSM". I do agree however that the cook makes good BBQ not the pit. :rant:
Pigs is correct.... If the monkey bought WolfeRub. :!: =D> :)[/quote:3ljmhig7]

I thought the monkey was making the Wolfe rub! #-o

Nick Prochilo said:
Finney said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":37j1nz2z][quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":37j1nz2z]What's wrong with his statement? A monkey humping a football can make good barbecue on a WSM. A good barbecue cook can make good barbecue on any thing. :eep: :grin:

Pigs is correct.... If the monkey bought WolfeRub. :!: =D> :)[/quote:37j1nz2z]

I thought the monkey was making the Wolfe rub! #-o[/quote:37j1nz2z]
:bbbat:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom