Worst day of my life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
john pen said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":biby0uqa]I thank each and everyone of you fine folks for your thoughts and prayers. I'll post his address as soon as he gets there! Thanks again.

Hey Nick..also, maby a list of the stuff he can use out there so we can send care packages...[/quote:biby0uqa]
Now that is a great idea ;)

You know Nick, when he get's there I know there are other guys that don't get care packages or letters from home.....maybe if your son could send you some information about the other guys as well, maybe some who don't get these things to include them as well. Let not only your son know that he's being thought of but some other guys in his crew that don't get stuff from home......

SteerCrazy said:
You know Nick, when he get's there I know there are other guys that don't get care packages or letters from home.....maybe if your son could send you some information about the other guys as well, maybe some who don't get these things to include them as well. Let not only your son know that he's being thought of but some other guys in his crew that don't get stuff from home......

He would do that anyway. He has always been a kid who looks out for other people all the time. Last year when we had Christmas in Hawaii, I bbq for a group of 25 on the beach. When we were done, my son took all the leftovers back to his barracks to feed anybody who didn't make it to the beach. He won't be getting there until March, but I'll make sure he sets it up. Thanks again folks for all you are doing.

Puff said:
john pen said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":urab2x7h]I thank each and everyone of you fine folks for your thoughts and prayers. I'll post his address as soon as he gets there! Thanks again.

Hey Nick..also, maby a list of the stuff he can use out there so we can send care packages...
Now that is a great idea ;)[/quote:urab2x7h]

Yes it is, let’s get er done.

Nick, let us know how and when. Please tell your son how much we appreciate he and his buddies.

Thank You

oct_97 said:
Puff said:
[quote="john pen":2w69ooah][quote="Nick Prochilo":2w69ooah]I thank each and everyone of you fine folks for your thoughts and prayers. I'll post his address as soon as he gets there! Thanks again.

Hey Nick..also, maby a list of the stuff he can use out there so we can send care packages...
Now that is a great idea ;)[/quote:2w69ooah]

Yes it is, let’s get er done.

Nick, let us know how and when. Please tell your son how much we appreciate he and his buddies.

Thank You[/quote:2w69ooah]

Nick, first of all thank your son for what he does to keep our family's safe. I know it must be hard as a parent of a solder during this time in our Country's history but as stated above, he has had the best training he could get. Trust in our Lord God that he and everone else over there will return to thier family's.

Second, I think that setting up a care package or letter writting from board members is a great idea. Please keep us informed and if its possable, post the addy to send things too.

Nick,
Like Cappy, I've been thinking about what to say most of the day. Nothing seemed "just right." Nothing seemed to convey the right feelings. All I know is that every time I would click on this thread I would get a huge lump in my throat imagining what you're going through. So, after much thought, I guess it kept coming down to what everyone here has stated (much more eloquently than I ever could)...support. Your son has our support. You and your family have our support. My family, along with hundreds of other families here, has your son and your family in our prayers. I'm with everyone else on the letters and care packages. Let us know what we can do.

Woody
(Rev.Jr.)

Today is the day he left for Iraq. We probably won't be able to hear from him for a few weeks. Terrible sick feeling in our stomachs here today, please keep him and all of our military in your prayers.

Thanks

Nick, one of my poker buddie's son has been over there for months.
No problems. He'd rather be here, and it's dangerous, but remember
only the bad stuff makes the news.

Prayers delivered.

Nick your family will be in my prayers!!! Be proud of your son, his country sure it, at least I am! He's in good hands, his brothers will take care of him as he will them! Hoorah!

BTW, you're still buying dinner fat boy!! :shock:

Nick...

In your thoughts and prayers..pm if you want with a little more info. Our church has a weekly list of serviceman that we pray for on Sundays and I can get his name added to the list...

His majors wife just emailed us a few pictures taken the last few days. I can't really post them except this one from the heading over party.

Nick,

I can't say I know how you feel, because I don't and I wouldn't pretend to. I can say that I am extremely thankful for your son's service to our country. His well being and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Try to keep a positive attitude and trust that he knows his job and that his buddies will look out for him as he will for them.

Your son and all the men and women who serve this country are heroes in my eyes and they deserve all the support we can give them.

Nick,

I was stationed with 3/3 India Co. from 95 to 96. I spent time all over Kaneohe MCB and all of the affiliated training areas.

You're heart is in the right place. You're a great parent for feeling that way. Tell your son that we're praying for his and every one else's safe return!!!

Semper Fi Devil Dog,

Oohrah!!!!

Tim

Bruce B said:
Nick,

I can't say I know how you feel, because I don't and I wouldn't pretend to. I can say that I am extremely thankful for your son's service to our country. His well being and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Try to keep a positive attitude and trust that he knows his job and that his buddies will look out for him as he will for them.

Your son and all the men and women who serve this country are heroes in my eyes and they deserve all the support we can give them.
Well said, Bruce.

Nick, with the good upbringing he got from his family and the training he got from the Marine Corps, he should do fine. We'll all be a little bit nervous along with you.

--John 8)

Thoughts and prayers for all who serve. Especially ones that are near and dear to us.

We will keep you and your family in our hearts, Nick.

a lot of thoughtful, and well intentioned posts in this thread, as well as a bunch of great ideas........ Add me to the list when you get his addy and I'll send him stuff as well.. being a vet from the Nam area, there was nothing more enlightning, and uplifting than recieving letters, cards, and the occasional box from home....Hang in there Nick

Back
Top Bottom