Wolfe Rub Recipes IPO talk...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
If you are not seriously interested then please do not participate.

I deleted the poll for now till a better more concise idea is formed.

Maybe we need some more clarification Greg.

I would pay $250 for the right to purchase WR, WRB and WRC under a contract dictation that no one else could purchase them without paying for the user fee of $250.

I don't think $ 1000 would buy me the formulas.

I think if you're even contemplating charging that much money, then it needs to be set up for resale and then everyone becomes an investor with at least some possibility of recovering their investment.

Kloset BBQR said:
I think if you're even contemplating charging that much money, then it needs to be set up for resale and then everyone becomes an investor with at least some possibility of recovering their investment.

I have to agree.

Kloset BBQR said:
BBQ Central Wolf Rub! Might work. I do know a guy that does spices and rubs at Georges store, and he supply's many places around Buffalo. He has the room and proper equipment to get it done.

Pigs

You might want to think of it in terms of a publicly traded company but privately owned if that makes any sense. I guess what I'm saying is, if you're trying to sell to a narrow group like this forum then I think you need to make it more affordable for the masses. You'll actually get more money selling shares at $25 than at $250. Then people will have the option of buying more than one share. One share = 1 vote.

Larry could do something like this. Get an appraisal of what the business is worth based on current income streams. Then take that amount and divide it by $25 which will give you the number of shares available for sale. Larry starts out by owning all the shares and then offers them for sale. If Larry sells less than half the shares he is still the majority owner of the company (which in my opinion would be a good thing). The money raised then could be used to outsource the rub to me made and distributed which would require significantly less of Larry's time which I believe is what he is looking for.

This is a double edged sword though because all investors would get a share of the profits but would also be potentially liable if the business needs additional funding. Just a thought, not saying that this is the only way to do it but this way at least Larry maintains control of the company, retains the recipe, keeps his name on the label and the business survives (i.e customers continue to get Wolfe Rub) but generates enough cash initially to take the day to day operations off Larry's hands. I think the business is worth a lot more with Larry's name on the rub as it has already developed a large following and enjoys a good reputation.

I'm looking at the poll results and I know its early but right now two people have offered to pay $250 and 1 $1000 for a grand total of $1500. It would be curious to see how many more would sign up if the price was $25 (of course there would need to be a way to determine how many shares the investor would be willing to purchase). I do believe that by lowering the price to $25 and allowing them to purchase multiple share you'll get more investors and more money which would ultimately be the goal. Keeping the price high will attract a smaller group.

Its kind of like how lowering tax rates actually brings in more tax revenue.

Maybe offer common and preferred stock. That way, if someone has the means they can get into at a higher investment.

my 2cents

Ok im new to this but after looking through almost every page on every subject the main thought in my head was I have to try that Wolfe Rub, before I even get a chance its off the market (maybe). The main reason is, I read that most of you use it, and rave about it, that tells me it’s better than most any thing on the market. Let’s face it from what I read you all, are some of the best in the field. I think we need the amount Larry wants 1st, then what it would cost to have it made, then the number of people that want in come up with private stock share price. I know theirs a lot more to then that but damm.then we will all have stock in it and can spread the rub to all parts of the country (were there now)and best of all we still have wolfe products. Thanks Rickjavascript:emoticon(':LOL:')

Nick Prochilo said:
You know you could all be blowing smoke if Larry doesn't agree with anything here. Maybe we should wait to hear from him! :idea:

Other than saying I'm very flattered, I don't really know what else to say..... Keep the ideas coming....

Nick Prochilo said:
You know you could all be blowing smoke if Larry doesn't agree with anything here. Maybe we should wait to hear from him! :idea:

Since when do we care what Larry has to say??? ;) :LOL:

Just when we thought his big head could get any bigger... :shock: :LOL:

Seriously, I know I speak for all when we say it's a good product and moreso Larry has pumped his heart and soul into this for some time now and we all feel it would be ashamed to let this go away to strangers. It's a part of Larry and Larry is a part of us. ;) a dangling part, but a part nonetheless.

I'll bet if you put Nicks avitar on Wolfe rub bottles & it moved like his gif image you could sell the rubs for $25 per bottle :LOL:

It just dawned on me. I'm sure gonna miss the holiday specials and the Primo raffles. Not to mention the WRB.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom