Wolfe Rub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just to make sure we are on the same page here. Is this group purchase thing in terms of:

- a website would be set up where individuals could purchase the recipes at a determined price and then use on their own. They would also have to sign some piece of legal paper saying that they would not sell these rubs for profit OR give them to any of their family, friends and neighbors...as that would detract from sales?

having a little more insight here than some of you regarding this situation...what kind of price are you thinking about in terms of a group buy...there might be a large discrepancy in amounts!

Greg Rempe said:
Just to make sure we are on the same page here. Is this group purchase thing in terms of:

- a website would be set up where individuals could purchase the recipes at a determined price and then use on their own. They would also have to sign some piece of legal paper saying that they would not sell these rubs for profit OR give them to any of their family, friends and neighbors...as that would detract from sales?

having a little more insight here than some of you regarding this situation...what kind of price are you thinking about in terms of a group buy...there might be a large discrepancy in amounts!

1st off I'm in! Greg it could be somethin like this:
1 recipe= $25 or 1 =$50
2recipes=$50 or 2 = $75
3 repies= $75 or 3 =$100

I think you should set up a poll thread & see if we have enough members that want in on the deal to mke it worthwhile to Larry

OK break it down to a 3 year old.

I want the WRO recipe.
I'll give you my best blue Tonka truck.
All my friends will give their best blue Tonka trucks.
Larry rolls off with, say, XX amount of blue Tonkas.
We get the recipe. Sign a legal document and do not share.
When I see something that hits the market that even remotely like WRO and I find out it was made by one of my "friends" or their friends...I get to smash their Lego city to obliteration.
I get to make WRO wings whenever I want.

Right?

Now, how much is that Tonka truck worth?

007bond-jb said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":mvhy7esh]Just to make sure we are on the same page here. Is this group purchase thing in terms of:

1 recipe= $25 or 1 =$50
2recipes=$50 or 2 = $75
3 repies= $75 or 3 =$100

I think you should set up a poll thread & see if we have enough members that want in on the deal to mke it worthwhile to Larry[/quote:mvhy7esh]

Your Tonkas...are cheap. ;)

Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="007bond-jb":en3jkr71][quote="Greg Rempe":en3jkr71]Just to make sure we are on the same page here. Is this group purchase thing in terms of:

1 recipe= $25 or 1 =$50
2recipes=$50 or 2 = $75
3 repies= $75 or 3 =$100

I think you should set up a poll thread & see if we have enough members that want in on the deal to mke it worthwhile to Larry[/quote:en3jkr71]

Your Tonkas...are cheap. ;)[/quote:en3jkr71]

Notice I said It "Could Be" something like this.
If 50 folks are in for all 3 @ $100 = $5000

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Uncle Bubba":386j38gn]I would be in for a group purchase. Larry, I hope you really consider this. I think it would be a real tribute to keep those recipe "at home". This could actually bring a pretty nice windfall for you. Do it via Pay pal and have Griff set something up online that we have to agree to.

I don't understand what's being discussed. If this is something that will benefit my customers, can someone explain this in the most elementary terms possible, because I'm slow...

Couldn't a rub company or even an individual legally add one ingredient to make it 'Their Brand' and sell it?[/quote:386j38gn]

I'm not an attorney, but I would think they could Larry. Ask DrBBQ about the 1/32 tsp of whatever spice fiasco...he'll know what you mean.

Greg, you should buy it. Market it as the official rub of BBQ Central and keep expanding your empire.

Sorry to hear the news Larry! I really liked your product.

I love WRB. I want to be in the club too!
Sorry to hear this Larry. I only have 2 bottles left.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3tqw7pxc][quote="Uncle Bubba":3tqw7pxc]I would be in for a group purchase. Larry, I hope you really consider this. I think it would be a real tribute to keep those recipe "at home". This could actually bring a pretty nice windfall for you. Do it via Pay pal and have Griff set something up online that we have to agree to.

I don't understand what's being discussed. If this is something that will benefit my customers, can someone explain this in the most elementary terms possible, because I'm slow...

Couldn't a rub company or even an individual legally add one ingredient to make it 'Their Brand' and sell it?[/quote:3tqw7pxc]

I'm not an attorney, but I would think they could Larry. Ask DrBBQ about the 1/32 tsp of whatever spice fiasco...he'll know what you mean.[/quote:3tqw7pxc]

I didnt even think of that! But I agree 100%. Thats all they would have to do.......unless it was in the contract.

What's Wolfe Rub ??
Just screwing with ya. Obama will buy it...he's buying everything else.
New job with bigger bucks? Moving up?
Way to go dude.
Did you check with Meadow Creek who have a line of their own? Dizzy Pig?

Sorry to hear it Larry. It is good stuff. You gotta take care of the family though. Good luck buddy. Woody

ps. maybe you could ultimately offer "limited runs" to forum members here, and make a little jack on the side? jusy a thought!

Woodman said:
Sorry to hear it Larry. It is good stuff. You gotta take care of the family though. Good luck buddy. Woody

ps. maybe you could ultimately offer "limited runs" to forum members here, and make a little jack on the side? jusy a thought!

I'll buy a case at double price :D

What's the offered price to buy it lock, stock and barrell? Just think it would be logical place to start.

Sorry to hear that, Larry. Patty wants to know where she can go for her fix, now that she is hooked on it. :LOL:

One question, do you have any left?

Larry wolfe rubs

If anyone can let Larry wolfe know that I have been trying to contact him, I would like to talk to him about his recipes /etc. Please ask him to contact me via my website contact page.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom