WHY...........?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
This kind of goes along with the favorite NFL team thread. I have always been curious why some people say they prefer college football over pro football? Is it because there are no pro teams in your state or near where you live; or is there another reason? Just curious...inquiring minds want to know.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

I'd guess it's either no pro teams or no GOOD pro teams. Look at Minnesota, the Golden Gophers or the Packers [smilie=a_crylaugh.gif] :roll: [smilie=a_okbyenow.gif]

Cleveland hasn't has a good NFL team in years, but, you would be hard pressed to find a more loyal group of fans...here locally and across the country!!

Oh, Saturdays belong to OSU!! No questions asked!!

Sports are at a more "pure" level the further away from the professionals you get. College seems to be where the talent is at a certain level but not yet totally corporate.

I would much rather watch college basketball than pro. Football doesn't matter as much which you are watching. And a minor league baseball game is better than major league any day.

Ditto what everyone else said. In college ball, the hunger and drive is still present and obvious in the players where the pros have made it and are making the big bucks. You just don't see the same ambition in them. At least that's the way I see it!

Finney said:
Sports are at a more "pure" level the further away from the professionals you get. College seems to be where the talent is at a certain level but not yet totally corporate.

I would much rather watch college basketball than pro. Football doesn't matter as much which you are watching. And a minor league baseball game is better than major league any day.

yep.

And every game is played for pride and the true desire to win, not for
a paycheck.

I love the spectacle of going to a college game. I will be going to two Ohio State games this year and one Browns. I will enjoy the Bucks game much more.

I have to agree with the majority, I find college sports in general much more interesting to watch than the pro's. That said, pro football is the only professional sport where I can enjoy watching a game, no matter who is playing. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I wouldn't go to a pro basketball game if they gave me free tickets.

Well I'll be the odd ball here and tell ya I never watch college sports. I have at least 2 pro sports teams of every sport within an hour of my house and would much rather watch a game live than college on TV.

98863703544ecd15036244.jpg

That dood looks like Woodman. :shock:

Finney said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Well I'll be the odd ball here and tell ya I never watch college sports. I have at least 2 pro sports teams of every sport within an hour of my house and would much rather watch a game live than college on TV.

What you mean, "here"? :roll:

I mean here in this thread! Oops I'm always the odd ball.

I love college football first but I do like Pro football. If my home town had a pro team it might be different. Cant stand Pro BB at all. I guess im jealous of their $ but it is ridiculous for them to get paid that much. Lower their pay and the price for seats so the average American can afford to take their kid to a game or 2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom