Whole Hog...Help!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
I am going to attempt this in two weeks. I need any/all help anyone can provide. Dallas, I know you got some instruction in this and will never use it in comps. i could sure use some advice. i have too many people asking for it and am turning down jobs because of it. Thanks in advance.

Uncle Bubba said:
I am going to attempt this in two weeks. I need any/all help anyone can provide. Dallas, I know you got some instruction in this and will never use it in comps. i could sure use some advice. i have too many people asking for it and am turning down jobs because of it. Thanks in advance.

I'll call you shortly with some tips. It's not that hard. I'm waiting for this w/e results via email to call you.

Captain Morgan said:
geez, looks like all the tips will be delivered via Ma Bell.
Wish I had a party line.

You interested?
I was calling Bubba anyway.
I can post some of the few things I learned. :D

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Uncle Bubba":2d2rqqqb]
Bobberqer said:
call me.. I'll walk ya through it 63143155ate7 ;)

Thanks...will do.

Careful Bob, he'll call you all the time and pretend he's someone else! :shock:[/quote:2d2rqqqb]

For the record, I called "Lawrence" 2 times...neither of which he picked the phone up upon ringing. rule #1 for businesses...when someone calls to place an order...answer the phone.

Rag said:
Uncle Bubba said:

I'll call you shortly with some tips. It's not that hard. I'm waiting for this w/e results via email to call you.

You can't be serious!! :shock: :roll:

Uncle Bubba said:

I got a little bit of exposure to it in Myron's class. I'm not sure you'ld like it. Start off with a 20 lb bag of Kingsford and then douse it in lighter fluid.
No kidding!

I've got that giant size injector that Myron uses if you want to borrow it. Use plenty of apple juice and lots of salt.

I hate typing,, hence the suggestion for ole Bubba to call me... plus, I havn't talked to him since the Jack, when Witt told Mike Mills his favorite recipe in Peace Love and BBQ was ice tea.. :shock: still get a tiny chuckle outta that, but the sincerity was huge, and Mike appreciated it , to this day, as a matter of fact.. :roll: .. 8) and..... thought it would b a good opportunity to catch up with Bubba.. so.. no harm, no foul... :oops:

Bobberqer said:
I hate typing,, hence the suggestion for ole Bubba to call me... plus, I havn't talked to him since the Jack, when Witt told Mike Mills his favorite recipe in Peace Love and BBQ was ice tea.. :shock: still get a tiny chuckle outta that, but the sincerity was huge, and Mike appreciated it , to this day, as a matter of fact.. :roll: .. 8) and..... thought it would b a good opportunity to catch up with Bubba.. so.. no harm, no foul... :oops:

Wittdog :LOL: :LOL: you can't take him anywhere. :roll:

it's so simple you cant believe it.. chuck the hog in a 250* preheated smoker, belly side down. cook 1 hour , for every 10 pounds.. when it starts to smell like bacon turn it over, cook until shoulder is 190-195 degrees.. let rest for about a 1/2 hour, give every one a plate and a fork, tell to belly up to the smoker, then tell em to dig on 8) oh, and grab the pork loins before anyone else does as a special treat to yourself for doing such a good job ;)

Bobberqer said:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Bobberqer said:
it's so simple you cant believe it.. chuck the hog in a 250* preheated smoker, belly side down. cook 1 hour , for every 10 pounds.. when it starts to smell like bacon turn it over, cook until shoulder is 190-195 degrees.. let rest for about a 1/2 hour, give every one a plate and a fork, tell to belly up to the smoker, then tell em to dig on 8) oh, and grab the pork loins before anyone else does as a special treat to yourself for doing such a good job ;)
Dude! If every one knows how easy it was, I'd be out of business! :shock: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom