Who is your favorite NASCAR Nextel Cup Driver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't relate but feel compelled to offer a post on every subject anyway! In Cleveland, we attend the Art Museum or patronize our world class Cleveland Orchestra. hmphhhhh (picture an emoticon of a hoighty toighty guy in a tux turning his nose up here!) Larry, I'm surprised you don't follow that "Rainbow" guy!

BoxWoodDerby, and here I thought there was a huge NASCAR following in Ohio! :smt102 Nope, I'm not a "Rainbow Warrior"!

Larry...I think you're getting NASCAR and the Browns confused. The only thing close to a car race we get in Cleveland is the CART race in July..."The Roar By The Shore"!!! Fun! :D

The more you and WoodMonkey tell us about Ohio, the more I think it is full of Queers! Roar by the Shore? And what was the name of the place you invited Uncle Al to? Put In Point or something?? Just thoe two things along might keep me from coming to SS.

The Cleveland Orchestra.....don't even go there. Oh and Larry you haven't lived until you've been to PutIn Bay. Let's not forget those Cleveland Cavaliers, lots of reasons to go to Ohio.

Bruce B said:
The Cleveland Orchestra.....don't even go there. Oh and Larry you haven't lived until you've been to PutIn Bay. Let's not forget those Cleveland Cavaliers, lots of reasons to go to Ohio.

Bruce didn't you mean to say "lots of reasons not to go to Ohio"?

Whoa nelly, I'm from Ohio and I love Nascar and HATE the Browns. It's that whole stupid fan thing.

BTW, #88, Dale Jarrett, UPS Ford. He is going to have a great year.

Jarret, here too. Was a big Harry Gant fan till he retired, then started pulling for 88. Looks like we'll have to find someone new soon though, I don't Dale will keep racing too much longer.

Captain Morgan said:
Jarret, here too. Was a big Harry Gant fan till he retired, then started pulling for 88. Looks like we'll have to find someone new soon though, I don't Dale will keep racing too much longer.

When that sad day comes I will be looking towards Ryan Newman.

People can say what they want about Stock Car racing (left hand turns all day) not being a sport and the drivers are not atheletes. But those guys, as well as their pit crews have to be in tremendous shape (not including Jimmy Spencer) and have a 12 month fitness plan they go by through out the year. There is alot more physically and mentally to it than most folks think. ;-)

jshively said:
Larry Wolfe said:
People can say what they want about Stock Car racing (left hand turns all day) not being a sport and the drivers are not atheletes. But those guys, as well as their pit crews have to be in tremendous shape (not including Jimmy Spencer) and have a 12 month fitness plan they go by through out the year. There is alot more physically and mentally to it than most folks think. ;-)

In high school an open wheel racer came and talked to the school about career, doing what you love, and religon(it was a private school). One of the points that was made was people always thought it was non-physically demanding however, the relation that was made was sitting there holding 10lb dumbbells and turning them for 3+ hours. It actually is probably one of the most physically demanding sports ever in my opinion.

Think about it football you have an offense and a defense only one is running(unless you are the Colts and your defense is so horrid you have to be on the field 13 minutes a quarter) plus there is a 25 second break in between plays. So you get to sit and rest however, in a car race the only break you get is maybe a 16 second pit stop every 30-45 minutes or a yellow fla(6 laps) but you are still going 60 and have to focus. Past that you are going 160-200 mph, focusing on the guy in front of you, beside you, behind you, have a spotter talking to you, and communicating with your crew chief. Oh yeah in football a linebackers hits you he may feel like a wall but in a race that is a wall you just hit.

WOW! Fantastic explanation! Thanks J

"In high school an open wheel racer came and talked to the school about career, doing what you love, and religon(it was a private school). "

So you're saying you went to private school?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom