Who is your favorite chef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tyler Florence for me ~ He's down to earth, has great shows and most of his guests are Hot Women! Now, if he could just stop saying "Cool" all the time..... COOL!

Ina Garten is a close 2nd but I keep thinging back about that show with her husband in their backyard where he used a whole book of matches trying to light that chimney full of Kingsford Matchlight! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I am honored to be able to say that I was friends with ts late and Great Julia. We met at a super market in Cambridge Ma. Around 1973. We were both looking at the steaks when she said, in her melodeous voice " These look lousy, let's go in the back and talk to the butcher". Well we did and he cut us both two beautiful sirloin strips.

Anyway she ends up asking if I would like to have lunch with her, I said yes. She made quiche and a simple salad. Best egg pie I have ever eaten !!!! We talked about food and cooking for several hours, it was quite an experience. She was facinating !! We stayed in touch for several years and then lost touch.

She will always be my favorite.

Al

The Joker said:
Tyler Florence for me ~ He's down to earth, has great shows and most of his guests are Hot Women! Now, if he could just stop saying "Cool" all the time..... COOL!

Ina Garten is a close 2nd but I keep thinging back about that show with her husband in their backyard where he used a whole book of matches trying to light that chimney full of Kingsford Matchlight! :eek: :eek: :eek:

yea i saw that one to, i was like WTF is she doing? :)

Burnt Food Dude said:
Chef Brockett from the neighborhood. :grin:

How about Bobb Flay? :^o :^o :^o 8-[

I love Chef Brocket! Spent many a wonderful hour with my oldest watching Mr Rogers while I was laid off back in 1989!

Without a doubt , mine is Rick Bayless! a tireless promoter of aunthentic Mexican cuisine and Chicago restaraunteur! His Frontera Grill and Topolabampo in Chicago , along with a restaraunt called Salpicon on N. Wells there, started by a former assistant chef of his, are the standard bearers for Mexican cuisine in the US. WM

Captain Morgan said:
Al, that was cool...I bet she was great to talk to!

Juia was a ton of fun to talk to. She loved to talk about the war stuff. She worked on code breaking. But food was her true passion.

She taught me how to make gravy !!!!!

Al

No, I meant the" guy who has forgotten more about Mexican cuisine than bobby flay ever knew but was unfortunate enough to be the first guy to challenge on that show so they couldn't possibly allow him to beat the "star" chef guy." Yeah, him!

Big Al. Be wary, the phrases you choose here! [-X

Some PBS stations carry a show by Bayless. We don't get it here anymore, but I never missed an episode...it was always very interesting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom