Who does most of the cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allie

Sous Chef
In your household, who does most of the cooking?

Just curious because you guys talk about cooking all the time!

Me. After all.......... I want good food.

Just kidding. My wife is also a good cook. We are apart during the week and when we are together on weekends, we cook together. But I'm more apt to cook good food for myself than she is when we are apart.

I do all the cookin', my wife's cookin' scares me :ack: . Dog wont even eat it :grin:

Prolly 50 / 50 here...all depends whos home, whos working, who gets to the kitchen first..

She does all the baking though..I dont get involved with that...

I do probably 98% of the cooking. I also do a fair amount of baking and dessert making. I grew up in food, cooked and managed in foodservice most of my career. Gave it up to be able to watch my kids grow.

Good Q!

Jack

blade said:
I do about 95% of the cooking. My wife's idea of cooking is making a phone call or nuking something in a box.
You just described my wife to a "t" :eek:

I do almost all the cooking now. Les was home for a few years with the kids while I worked and he cooked most of the time then. I only cooked on my days off. Now we're pretty much traded places so I cook almost all the time. He does the grilling and makes chili and usually lunch on the weekends.

blade said:
I do about 95% of the cooking. My wife's idea of cooking is making a phone call or nuking something in a box.

Blade, guess what, you can end the search, I found your wife's long lost sister and married her.

I cook most of the main dishes unless it's fried and my wife is the best fried cook ever. She usually does the sides. And she's a great help with the BBQ. She's so much help, I've renewed her contract for another year. This is her 37th consecutive renewal. Did I mention that she can filet a salmon better than anyone I've ever seen?

Griff

I do most of the cooking at our house, even when I travel I pre-cook alot so she can warm things up for supper. My 12 year old daughter named the microwave the "Mommy oven" when she was just a pre schooler

I do most all the cooking... Queen Bee does the baking, and is very good at it.. .. the only thing she really cooks well is Chicken or Veal parmigiana.. other than that... well.. that's the reason I do all the cooking

My wife and I are both good cooks. She does more baking than I do.. although she says my pies are better than hers. She does more cooking than I do mainly because she stays home with the children during the day, but I love to cook and I will normally do the meat when she does other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom