Who does most of the cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Weeknights for the mundane stuff ,Laura does it. I eat cereal. The real stuff on the weekends? I do it!

Hey Puff, the house where they filmed Christmas Story is in Cleveland and they are turning it into a museum where they are selling those lamps! Ask John Pen! I drove him and his Mrs past it!

Woodman said:
Weeknights for the mundane stuff ,Laura does it. I eat cereal. The real stuff on the weekends? I do it!

Hey Puff, the house where they filmed Christmas Story is in Cleveland and they are turning it into a museum where they are selling those lamps! Ask John Pen! I drove him and his Mrs past it!
I saw that on the web site :eek:, i love that movie. They sell those lamps for a $100, it comes in crate and everything :!: . Ya' know those lamps are a "MAJOR AWARD" :grin:

99% of the cooking is done by me. The other 1% was probably frozen in a box before being nuked.

Pork Butts this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my house "If I don't cook...I don't eat ".

My wife uses the smoke detector to tell when the food is done !!!!

Al

Gee, I'm not sure if your wives are lucky or if you guys are unlucky! I grew up with a mother who cooked every night. Occasionally, my dad would grill or cook seafood which was his specialty. I grew up thinking this was the way it should be and that's how I've always been in my household. I always loved cooking and creating new things for my family. My sister is just the opposite and says she doesn't know how to cook. My brother in law does most of the cooking for them.

I cook 99% of the meals through out the year. However my wife does all of the baking, and most of the desserts and candy. I still make the ice cream though. My wife is a wonderful cook but she has always had a very demanding job and I have always had a family friendly job.

I cook 99% of the food in our house. If I am lucky, I can get hubby on chopping duty to speed some of the prep work along. Now that he gets off work a few hours before me, I am trying to get him to cook a little bit more for himself. His new favorite are the omelets that you boil for 13 minutes. Those are terrific and he can do it himself!

As far as outside goes, I made the mistake right after we got married of kidding around about him not taking the steaks off soon enough. I got to grill the next batch and he has refused to cook any since then because mine were so much better.

Same thing with hamburgers. He likes the way I season his, which is a laugh because he likes lots of pepper in his and I can't hardly even eat a food if pepper has been anywhere near it. (Yes, that makes it hard to use store bought rubs. I hate black pepper, but I don't hate heat.)

I do allow hubby to think he does the cooking on the smoker. I let him do all the manly things like playing with fire, etc., but I am the one who really keeps more of an eye on the temp and does most of the basting. I also normally get the very clean job of putting on the rub ahead of time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom