White Castle Turkey Stuffing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
Not sure how I got the idea, but the recipe came from the White Castle web site. Real White Castle Sliders, you love'em or hate'em, I love'em, my wife hates'em. We are hosting dinner for Thanksgiving so it was not out of the question to do a trial turkey and I figured this was my opportunity to try the White Castle Turkey Stuffing. I got a a frozen bird for 89¢ a pound and figured I could give it a shot and then food saver the meat for sandwiches later. Because it was raining and I have not had success with stuffing in a smoked bird this cook was in the oven. Here's how it went.

I used 12 for the stuffing, but got 20, it was close to lunch time.

Here they are ready to chop.

Chopped!

Add a little of this and that.

This guy was 89¢ a pound.

I used a Reynolds Bag in the oven so it did not have beautiful skin and was actually a little dry.

All carved up ready for dinner tonight and then food saver the rest.

The money shot.

Bottom line is I wouldn't do it again, the stuffing was good, but didn't have a distinctive "Slider" taste, really just tasted like Pepperidge Farm stuffing, mild enough my wife even had a helping. Lunch was very good though, I love those SLIDERS :LOL:

White Castle belly bombs rule! I've tried the stuffing with the same results as you had.
Next time just get them for snacking. A real nice "appetizer".
Bird looked great!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom