Where to eat in the Myrtle Beach area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry D.

Head Chef
I'll be going there in September for a conference. Any suggestions for good seafood? Or other places so good I shouldn't miss them?

Bill The Grill Guy said:
For the best ribs in the area, contact Cappy. My wife is still talking about his ribs.

Oh, that was his ribs she was talking about? #-o

Bruce B said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":fwsig7ye]For the best ribs in the area, contact Cappy. My wife is still talking about his ribs.

Oh, that was his ribs she was talking about? #-o[/quote:fwsig7ye]

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bruce B said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":2lx5h8u5]For the best ribs in the area, contact Cappy. My wife is still talking about his ribs.

Oh, that was his ribs she was talking about? #-o[/quote:2lx5h8u5]

[-X #-o

Screamin Nite Hog said:
[quote="Larry D.":yg6ezy66]I'll be going there in September for a conference. Any suggestions for good seafood? Or other places so good I shouldn't miss them?

You need to go up Hwy 17 north to Cherry Grove Beach exit (Hwy 9). Take a right towards the beach and go to Duffy's Seafood Shack on the right just before you get into the town area. It is all excellent. Not much of a place to look at, but I have found that those are the best places. Also, for some good burgers and onion rings go to River City cafe on 21st st. or down at Murrells Inlet. These are just a couple of places.

Charlie[/quote:yg6ezy66]

Thanks!

One of my favorite places is Devine Fish House in Murrell's Inlet. Bovine's for grilled fare is good and right next door.

I also like the Cheseapke House and what ever the place is right next door that the same people own (help me out Cappy).

And the Sea Captains House was good when I was there and the ocean view is great if you are seated where it is visible. Especially if a storm is rolling in off the ocean.

best place for decent priced seafood-Sara J's Garden City

True enough, the @#%$ Riveria was once filled only with Calabash style ayce buffets featuring frozen seafood, but only because that's what the tourists want to eat!!
They think they get a bargain for ayce, when actually
for the same or less money, you can eat excellent
food and still have more than enough.

Now since property values have exploded and the population
has grown and demographics have changed, Myrtle Beach does indeed have excellent seafood restaurants to go along
with Hard Rock Cafe, Margaritaville and all the other places
you guys just can't live without.

Sea Captains House has been featured many times in
Southern Living...in fact their recipe for She-Crab soup
has been published twice in SL.

A new place called City Bar will be glad to charge you 20
to 30 bucks for tapas style dishes...not bad either.

Collector's Cafe is a locals favorite..art gallery and gourmet
food, especially desserts. Imagine a place like that in Myrtle Beach!

Flamingo Grill, Throroughbreds, The Library,
and Greg Norman's Grill are all excellent.

For world class steaks, using prime and an 8 billion degree
oven like Ruths and Lugers, go to New York Prime. For an excellent steak at half the price, go to Angelos.

And that's just Myrtle..not including
places like Austins at Pawleys and James Beard award winner
Louis O'steen's place on the south end, Divine Fish House and
Drunken Jacks in Murrells Inlet, etc.

Finney the Cheasapeake House and Chestnut Hill are owned by the same folks, and they have their own seafood boat that goes out every day!

I lived there for about 12 years...Finney and Cappy hit the highlights of most of them. I also recommend the Inlet Kitchen in Murrells Inlet, just down from Bovines and Devines Fish house.

A couple others...Gulf Stream Cafe in Garden City. Great view of the inlet at dinner. And Emie's Japanese Bistro in Pawley's Island for Japanese fusion and sushi. THe best shshi on the beach.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom