What's your New Years Resolution gonna be??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Few people know how someone like Larry actually gets to contests like SOTB... Well, Wonder no longer....

larrymobilest6.jpg

Wait until the no fat low cal recipes start to get posted... :roll:
Larry switching to 16oz bottles is not considered excersice...

I love it!! And I love you guys!! I'm gonna get the last laugh though! I already have some smoked tofu "imitation pulled pork" in mind for the new weight loss program!!

Larry Wolfe said:
I love it!! And I love you guys!! I'm gonna get the last laugh though! I already have some smoked tofu "imitation pulled pork" in mind for the new weight loss program!!
We love you too ;)
But dude that just sounds gross :shock:

Larry Wolfe said:

Bring that to SOTB!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":6vowpgoo]I love it!! And I love you guys!! I'm gonna get the last laugh though! I already have some smoked tofu "imitation pulled pork" in mind for the new weight loss program!!

Bring that to SOTB![/quote:6vowpgoo]

Remember you said that you requested that Mr. P! LOL

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":63nz8sbp][quote="Larry Wolfe":63nz8sbp]I love it!! And I love you guys!! I'm gonna get the last laugh though! I already have some smoked tofu "imitation pulled pork" in mind for the new weight loss program!!

Bring that to SOTB![/quote:63nz8sbp]

Remember you said that you requested that Mr. P! LOL[/quote:63nz8sbp]

No problem, I'll eat Cappys food again!

I saw this on the other board and thought it should be posted here
TexLaw said:
I certainly admire what you want to do, but you can just toss all the trick diets out the window. If you want to lose weight, all you need to do is:

1 - Eat sensibly - Unless you're an old-fashioned lumberjack, you shouldn't eat like one. You don't need to stuff yourself at every meal, and you don't need to prove your manhood at the table by outdoing everyone else. Vegetables are good for you. Whole grains are good for you. Meat is good for you. Beans are good for you. Like 397 said, though, you don't need to shove as much in your mouth. :) Cook meals at home as much as you can. That way, you know what you're putting in your food. Learn as much as you can about the calorie content of what you eat (read the labels, man, and check out websites).

Also, on diet drinks, I recently saw something that said that diet drinks can increase your appetite. I have no idea if that's true, but it's something to keep in mind. Water is better for you, anyhow.

Find substitutes for your favorite snacks. I like crunchy, salty, and spicy things, so I'm very dangerous around a bag of chips. However, those dadgum chips are usually around 10 calories each (or, a couple minutes' walk). Instead of a handful of chips, which might add up to 100 calories or more, I go for the pickle jar and get about the same satisfaction for 15 calories or less. If I need spicy, I'll eat some salsa . . . out of a bowl with a spoon. It sounds weird as all hell, but it saves me a lot of time exercising, and I almost prefer it now.

2 - Exercise - You might not be an old-fashioned lumberjack, but you can act a little more like one. You don't have to train like a boxer, either, to make something happen. Walking for 20 minutes each day will burn at least 100 calories, and that's good for about 10 pounds in a year. Do more, and you can lose more or, at least, not gain as much. If you really want to get serious, join a gym or get exercise equipment for the house. I highly, highly recommend an elliptical trainer. Exercise also curbs your appetite and makes you aware of just how much energy you take in (for example, that 4 oz. patty on your hamburger could take you almost an hour and half to walk off, and that's just the patty).

3 - Get enough sleep - This is the one everyone forgets or doesn't know about, and it's just as important as the rest. Tired people tend to snack and eat worse that rested people. Think about it. It's that last hour before you hit the sack where you're most vulnerable to snacking. Instead, go ahead and hit the sack. If you wake up early, take a walk, and you're already ahead for the day. If you don't wake up early, well, you needed that sleep. Most folks need at least 7 hours of sleep a day, and many around 8. I know I need about 7-7.5 hours each night if I don't want to drag a little by the end of the week. If I can get 8, so much the better, as I won't sleep as late on the weekends.

4 - Don't set your goals too high - Absolutely, you have to set goals, but set something realistic or even generous. And, don't set time goals on how much weight you will lose (e.g., "a pound a week" or "10 pounds by my birthday"). You don't know how your body will act to the changes you will make, so don't give yourself a chance to get frustrated and quit. Instead, set behavioral goals (e.g., "I'm going to walk for two hours, total, this week," "I will not snack after supper this week," "I will get to bed before 10:30 this week"). Start with small, easy goals (that still are a change) that you can and will manage, and go from there. Small changes will add up over a long time. You did not get up to 300 pounds in a year, and you won't get down to 200 in a year, either. As you meet your goals, set more ambitious ones.

Most importantly, don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. If you find a day where you can't exercise as much as you want, do what you can. If you find yourself stuck with a fast food choice, be sensible. It all counts, and it all adds up over time.

Finally, 5 - Treat yourself - Have something to look forward to, and don't get all guilty. Just like you work hard for your money, you'll work hard to lose weight. And, just like you spend some money to celebrate, "spend" some calories now and again in the same way. However, live within your means. Don't "spend" what you don't "earn" through exercise, and "save" a good bit for the waistline.

I've lost about 25 pounds and 4 inches off my waist in a year's time just following the above. Now, I've worked my butt off (quite literally) on that elliptical I bought for home, but it's been worth it. At the same time I lost that weight, I dropped my cholesterol 75 points. I also feel a heck of a lot better all the time.

Good luck, guys!

TL

Larry Wolfe said:

I don't want to spoil the party, but most of you do not know that tofu is from soy and soy is considered a 'phytoestrogen' which basically means larry is going to start experiencing monthly cycles and mood swings.....just a warning before the official diet starts....GOOD LUCK MRS. LARRY WOLFE!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

How do I know this? Well let's just say it's 'what I do'

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1kuq5uzs]I love it!! And I love you guys!! I'm gonna get the last laugh though! I already have some smoked tofu "imitation pulled pork" in mind for the new weight loss program!!

I don't want to spoil the party, but most of you do not know that tofu is from soy and soy is considered a 'phytoestrogen' which basically means larry is going to start experiencing monthly cycles and mood swings.....just a warning before the official diet starts....GOOD LUCK MRS. LARRY WOLFE!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

How do I know this? Well let's just say it's 'what I do'[/quote:1kuq5uzs]
As long as it works with beer he'll be alright ;)

MBF you make tofu???

Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2fqgz1dx]I love it!! And I love you guys!! I'm gonna get the last laugh though! I already have some smoked tofu "imitation pulled pork" in mind for the new weight loss program!!

How do I know this? Well let's just say it's 'what I do'
As long as it works with beer he'll be alright ;)

MBF you make tofu???[/quote:2fqgz1dx]

LOL, no...........something else associated with, unfortunately, women ;)

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":7pe8njtc]

You're the first person to ever live to say that![/quote:7pe8njtc]
:LOL: :roll: His food was actually great! The guys I was down there with can't wait for this year!

[quote="Larry Wolfe":7pe8njtc]I love it!! And I love you guys!! I'm gonna get the last laugh though! I already have some smoked tofu "imitation pulled pork" in mind for the new weight loss program!!

How do I know this? Well let's just say it's 'what I do'[/quote:7pe8njtc]

We already call him that! :LOL: :twisted:

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2junr3qd][quote="Nick Prochilo":2junr3qd]

You're the first person to ever live to say that![/quote:2junr3qd]
:LOL: :roll: His food was actually great! The guys I was down there with can't wait for this year!

[quote="Larry Wolfe":2junr3qd]I love it!! And I love you guys!! I'm gonna get the last laugh though! I already have some smoked tofu "imitation pulled pork" in mind for the new weight loss program!!

How do I know this? Well let's just say it's 'what I do'[/quote:2junr3qd]

We already call him that! :LOL: :twisted:[/quote:2junr3qd]

[smilie=a_chuckle.gif] poor Larry, not here to defend himself..... :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom