what's your favorite steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definately a tenderloin...medium rare with some nice Montreal Steak seasoning, a nice green salad and an ice cold beer!

Finney said:
Nothing... I repeat... Nothing is better than a good Ribeye.
[smilie=dancing_cow.gif] [smilie=dancing_cow.gif] [smilie=dancing_cow.gif]

Oh yeah, your not kidding! [smilie=a_goodjob.gif] [smilie=thumbup.gif]

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:
wdroller said:
Finney said:
Nothing... I repeat... Nothing is better than a good Ribeye.
[smilie=dancing_cow.gif] [smilie=dancing_cow.gif] [smilie=dancing_cow.gif]

Have you tried sex?

With a ribeye? That's a little strange!
Finney said a "big ribeye" :shock:

What a guy! [smilie=a_holyshit.gif]

Porterhouse for me, rare to medium rare. Wife likes strip, well done.... can't break her of that!

Add a baked potato and crusty bread. Don't forget the butter.

DATsBBQ said:
Porterhouse for me, rare to medium rare. Wife likes strip, well done.... can't break her of that!

isn't strip well done the same as eating the hide of the cow?

Gary in VA said:
DATsBBQ said:

isn't strip well done the same as eating the hide of the cow?

Might as well chew on your belt! :LOL:

Short story, went the Greenbriar ($$$) for our aniversary a couple of years ago. Wife ordered the filet. When asked how she wanted it done, she said "well done with no blood". The server's face went pale. I leaned over and whispered "grill it to medium well and stick it in the microwave for 45 seconds". He quite indignatly replied that they don't have a microwave. In the end she got her steak to her liking but had to send it back once! I try to get her to order fowl when we go out now.

caroline's rub said:
While I prefer medium rare, and can appreciate why a chef may not want to cook it well, but that really isn't their choice...pure kitchen snobbery!

Besides, you're just asking for what you want - you aren't asking them to eat it!

I agree!

Even though I understand where the Chef is coming from, he's wrong to question the customers request! The customer is paying for it and should get it the way they want it, wrong or not!

Hey Chuck, I love all steaks but prefer the Porterhouse myself. I never ever went to a culinary school but isnt the Porterhouse a filet and a strip steak? Not sirloin and a filet. Rachel Ray said it was sirloin and filet on one of her shows but I think she is wrong too. I could be wrong but Im a hard headed guy when I think im right.

A few years back there was a group of us that went to the Pantry Cafe in LA (the place that hasnt been without a customer since the '20s....even if they had to take an apron off a cleanup guy and serve him) the manager came by the table after the orders and stated " I dont know who ordered the ribeye, but apparently the only good looking one was on the cart. So I am gonna change it out to a nice sirloin....you'll like it better anyway. OH, and who ordered med/well ?????? Son, thats no way to treat a piece of good meat, tell ya what. I'm gonna have 'em cook to med/rare and if you dont like it I'll make you a fresh one your way and split the bill with you. " there was another convert to med/rare that night all because of that. but you have to think of the old SNL cheeburger skit to understand the place

DaleP said:
Hey Chuck, I love all steaks but prefer the Porterhouse myself. I never ever went to a culinary school but isnt the Porterhouse a filet and a strip steak? Not sirloin and a filet. Rachel Ray said it was sirloin and filet on one of her shows but I think she is wrong too. I could be wrong but Im a hard headed guy when I think im right.

Yes, a strip and filet (tenderloin) is correct for porterhouse.

Ok Pappy, thanks for the answer. Im eating leftover chicken now for lunch wishing it was a steak instead.

TUBE!!!!! I honestly would rather eat a good all-beef kosher dog than any steak. Call me crazy.

Woodman said:
TUBE!!!!! I honestly would rather eat a good all-beef kosher dog than any steak. Call me crazy.

Tube steak huh.....are you sure you mean a hot dog?? [smilie=a_ohyahbaby.gif]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom