What's your favorite hot sauce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
Hot sauce for normal use... not some of the crazy ones where you put one drop on a tortilla, eat it, and pretend your cool. 8) ... until you throw up. :-D

I've tried most commercial brands that are available up here. I've stuck with Franks or Tobasco.
When I was down in FL, I tried Cholula.

Wow. Wonderful stuff ! So much more fruity flavor than anything else I've tasted. Is it prevelent in the South? I took 5 of their largest bottles back with me. :badgrin:

What's your favorite?

Haven't tried but a few...Tobasco is good and Frank's REDHOT Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce ain't too bad either.

Tobasco for everyday use just because it it the best! I like the consistancy of it and it is not too hot for general cooking. I have grown tabasco peppers and they work great when a dehydrated one is floated in soups or stews.

There is a Trinidad Yellow sause that I think is based on mustard that I have had several times at a place in Chicago called Heaven On Seven (Cajun) that is great.

I am also a chilehead, but more on the Fresh Chile, dried chile and ,chile powder end of the spectrum. The sauces tend to either be too uninteresting, or too hot for me. There is a lot of flavor in chiles that fall in the 3-6 range on the scoville scale. Those are my favorites.

New Mexico
Anaheim
Mulato
Pasilla
Pulla
Guajillo
Chilhuacle
Cochiti
Vallero

I make powders and sauces from these that'd blow you away! Woody

The Anchor Bar...been there many times to pay my respects to the founder of the Buffalo Wings...that is my Mecca!! :D

Woodman said:
I am also a chilehead, but more on the Fresh Chile, dried chile and ,chile powder end of the spectrum. The sauces tend to either be too uninteresting, or too hot for me. There is a lot of flavor in chiles that fall in the 3-6 range on the scoville scale. Those are my favorites.

New Mexico
Anaheim
Mulato
Pasilla
Pulla
Guajillo
Chilhuacle
Cochiti
Vallero

I make powders and sauces from these that'd blow you away! Woody

I just made a batch with Anchos, Arbols, and Guajillos. Yum.

My three favorites are Tabasco Habenero, Tabasco Chipotle, and regular Tabasco.

I do like Franks on wings, and used it for my Super Bowl Wings....folks loved them.

However, the Franks we get today is different than what was on the original Anchor Bar wings....seems Durkee (I think) bought Franks and changed the recipe.

Not a huge chile head here, but I love hot sauces....Texas Pete will do in a pinch. Don't enjoy the insanity sauce...had it twice....not sure what to use that stuff for!

I'm a tabasco fan also. Goes on everything. But my favorites are anything made by Marie Sharps....especially the green stuff

Anyone ever been to the Hot Shoppe in Syracuse? Place is pretty awesome....

Rob

You should see me at breakfast. Just about every saturday I go the pancake joint down the road, get a big plate eggs, grits, and sausage....covered with tabasco. Always get strange looks from the waitress....not that that's unusual. :cry:

I use to use Original Tabasco on my eggs, but I have switched over to Tabasco Chipotle for just about everything, love that stuff.

Tabasco, Franks and Crystal are all pretty good. Have to try the Cholula.

Imagine that, being a product of Mexico and all, don't know why it would taste Mexicanny. :smt028 :smt046

Tabasco is good. Still searching for the sauce that can beat it for everyday use. My kids really like Franks which to me is good but not really hot enough for my burnt up taste buds.

DaleP said:
Tabasco is good. Still searching for the sauce that can beat it for everyday use. My kids really like Franks which to me is good but not really hot enough for my burnt up taste buds.

If you like it a little over the edge, have you tried Blair's Original Death? Not super hot, a lot of flavor..Nice all around hot sauce with some real flavor.

:Edit:, If that's too mild (it is for me), I have plenty more to recommend :smt084 :smt101 :smt093 :evillaugh:

Blairs original death has a nice ring to its name. Will try to find some and give it a try. Your point about hot with flavor is dead on. I can find hot, but good flavor is rare.

Back
Top Bottom