What's the best movie you've seen in the past 6 months?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Comedy - Meet the Focker's

Drama - N/A

Action - The Rundown

Mystery - N/A

Love - 30 Minute Meals

Larry Wolfe said:
I try to make a good post and you guys found a way to fuck it up! :twisted:
Awww. Sorry Larry! You've made so many fucked up posts up to now, I just thought this was a continuation! :LOL:

Unfortunately, it was "The Phantom Of The Opera" last Saturday. I don't get to the movies much. Woody

Not sure about BEST movie but it certainly has been BAD movie week at my house.

Aliens Vs Predator: at least expectation was low for a movie based on a videogame based on a comic book based on two movies. Yeah, cool effects and nice to see aliens back in action but give me a break.

King Arthur: was the entire cast suffering from dissentary or chronic constipation for the entire shoot? Merlin a blue bush man? Lancelot didn't seem like some noble hero, he was a whiner ALWAYS huffing and rolling his eyes. Who the hell is RUUUUSSSSSS? Off with their heads!!!!!

Lastly, Napolean Dynamite: ok, there were a few good laughs, but the whole first hour seemed to be spent on geekdom assertion of the main characters. I got the point after a couple of minutes. Fav part was Pedro 'bashin' his political adversary.

This doesn't really count, but I FINALLY got my hands on the Saving Private Ryan special edition release with DTS soundtrack from my video rental store. When I went to play it (with popcorn etc) the wrong movie was in the case. It is officially listed as MIA. Argggg. I have the flick on VHS, but I was really looking forward to the Widescreen, extended version on DVD in DTS sound on my spiffy home theatre system.

Certainly one of my favs in the last few months was a movie called Snow Walker. Set in Canada around 1950's, a northern bush pilot finds redemption of sorts after his plane crashes. Being not from USA, I find bank robbers, mafia, terrorists, holocausts etc. in major US cities gets a little stale after a while. How many times has New York been wiped out in the movies? Anyway, a bit of Canadiana was a welcome relief, and apart from a couple of bad scenes it was a great movie.

Oh, I forgot! "Pink Floyd-Live at Pompeii-Directors Cut". Bought this to watch during a weekend visit to one of my lifelong buddies house up in Rochester NY. This may be the best live concert film of all time. They recorded a live show in an amphitheater in the ruins of Pompeii, without an audience! The cinematography of the performance is incredible! Alot of the live stuff is only for hardcore fans of "The Pink Floyd" as they were then known. But, interspersed throughout are snippets of interviews with the band (scruffy with bad teeth and all) along with incredible footage of them in the studio recording Dark Side of the Moon. This film captures a moment in history as this band is going from a largely avante gard ,"athmospheric" unrecognized status , to becoming one of the giants of the genre. The scene where the camera pans behind the band showing the name "Pink Floyd" stenciled on the speaker cabinets is priceless. The innocence of an era when rock bands had to actually mark their equipment to avoid theft or having it mixed up with other band's gear (maybe Deep Purple?) is gone forever. "Echoes I and II" are worth the price of the DVD alone! Some cheesy 70's effects, but I remember watching this at the Midnight Movies in 1973 and being blown away. It's better now! A must for any Floyd fan!

Ray: Big Ray Charles fan.

Garden State: Stared the guy from Scrubs (NBC Tues nights @ 9:00). Also written and directed by him.

Sideways: Won a few Golden Globes, up for a few Oscars

Fahrenheit 911

Garden State and Sideways are both 'off beat', 'quirky' comedies.

Chris Finney said:
Ray: Big Ray Charles fan.

Garden State: Stared the guy from Scrubs (NBC Tues nights @ 9:00). Also written and directed by him.

Sideways: Won a few Golden Globes, up for a few Oscars

Fahrenheit 911

Garden State and Sideways are both 'off beat', 'quirky' comedies.

OMG Finney you really do hate GW! You SOB, I can't believe you watched that piece of shit fat ass fucker's documentary. BTW, FUCK MICHAEL MOORE! I HOPE THAT FAT BASTARD CHOKES ON A CHICKEN LEG AND HAS A CORONARY!!!!! BTW, I LOVE "W"!

Larry Wolfe said:
OMG Finney you really do hate GW! You SOB, I can't believe you watched that piece of shit fat ass fucker's documentary. BTW, FUCK MICHAEL MOORE! I HOPE THAT FAT BASTARD CHOKES ON A CHICKEN LEG AND HAS A CORONARY!!!!! BTW, I LOVE "W"!

Yes.

Did you see the movie?
(no?) Then shut the FUCK up! :smt075

Have you seen any of his movies?

I know you love "W". :smt058 larry kissing "w"

I still love you. Now roll over here and give me a hug. :hug:

Chris Finney said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":36onrsj8]OMG Finney you really do hate GW! You SOB, I can't believe you watched that piece of shit fat ass fucker's documentary. BTW, FUCK MICHAEL MOORE! I HOPE THAT FAT BASTARD CHOKES ON A CHICKEN LEG AND HAS A CORONARY!!!!! BTW, I LOVE "W"!

Yes.

Did you see the movie?

Have you seen any of his movies?

I know you love "W". :smt058 larry kissing "w"

I still love you. Now roll over here and give me a hug. :hug:[/quote:36onrsj8]

Actually you mother fucking piece of shit scum bagged Michael Moore fanatic, I did watch the motherfucking movie and that only caused my motherfucking hatred towards that bastard cocksucker and his supporters to grow!

Now if you still want that hug, come over here!

Back
Top Bottom