What's on your shelves?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As far as BBQ goes I have 3 almost empty bags of Texas BBQ Rub, several Qt jars of my own rubs, and a bunch of bulk chili powders and whole dried peppers. 5 almost empty jars of TPJ. 2 Qts homemade BBQ Sauce.

One standard 12"x12"x36" cabinet of various dried herbs and spices.
Many bags of fresh frozen herbs in the freezer and a large hunk of fresh ginger in the fridge I use for Chai.

john pen said:
They have to ruin everything..but dont worry..within the next hour or so they'll drag this worthwhile thread off topic... :x
Oh no they won't ;)

zilla said:
As far as BBQ goes I have 3 almost empty bags of Texas BBQ Rub, several Qt jars of my own rubs, and a bunch of bulk chili powders and whole dried peppers. 5 almost empty jars of TPJ. 2 Qts homemade BBQ Sauce.

One standard 12"x12"x36" cabinet of various dried herbs and spices.
Many bags of fresh frozen herbs in the freezer and a large hunk of fresh ginger in the fridge I use for Chai.
Chai??

Chai the word for Tea in much of the central Asian and Arab world! You boil cloves, cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, coriander seeds, pepper corns, fennel seeds, and any other aromatic spice you like in water for 10 min. Then use that water to make a pot of tea. Black tea is traditionally used. I add the ginger to the pot with the tea along with sugar and a bit of goats milk. The Dali Lama taught me how to make it back in the day. ;)

zilla said:
Chai the word for Tea in much of the central Asian and Arab world! You boil cloves, cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, coriander seeds, pepper corns, fennel seeds, and any other aromatic spice you like in water for 10 min. Then use that water to make a pot of tea. Black tea is traditionally used. I add the ginger to the pot with the tea along with sugar and a bit of goats milk. The Dali Lama taught me how to make it back in the day. ;)

Our local Deli Mama uses 1/2 & 1/2 instead of goats milk. Never tried it but I got all that stuff, except the goats milk. Damn things run too fast.

zilla said:
You knew him :shock:
:LOL: Thanks Zilla ;)

Well assuming we can also count the camper on this deal. Thats where I keep my most impotent stuff.

Headcountry
Sucklebusters
Wolf Bold
Bad Byrons Butt Rub
Blues Hawg
Obie Cues Sweet chicken rub and Steakmaker
Texas BBQ Rub
Harley's Sweet Rub (that whut all the big boys are rumored to use for ribs)
Big Dave's Rub
FAB P, B, B2 and C (mostly for injecting)
Half a case of Radiche's Bor Delay Sauce for marinating (whut a dud)
Dubya Sauce (sorta like powdered wooster only mo betta and versatile)

Several dozen other dry and wet concoctions too numberous to mention and I done forgot the names for and prob too old to be of much use plust about 50 bags of assorted chili and chile powders and spices from Penderys and special blends and additives mostly from Joe Ames dedicated to sausage making.

bigwheel

I think I have most everything cookable that this place http://attarherbs.com/html/category_list.html offers and then some! With many different mixes and combintions as well.

They sell spices I never knew existed! It's a hole in the wall place in the middle of the woods and they sell stuff really cheap to the locals....the only drawback is going TO the place..the smell inside is horrendous!...there are soooooooooooo many spices, herbs, oils, fragrances, extracts etc... being handled and packaged that the smell inside is overwhelming. BUT definately worth the stop! Quality and FRESH FRESH FRESH

I've got Wolfe Rub, SuckleBusters, D-dog, Texas BBQ, and a small ziploc bag of leftover Southern Succor, plus too many sauces in the fridge (most of them for tender-palated company) and enough spices to get me through a couple of cooks with home-mixed rubs. A lot of this has overflowed onto the countertop under the main spice cabinet and the emergency backup spice cabinet. Just yesterday I was eyeing utensil cabinets to see what could be transferred to the basement so that I could have a dedicated bbq cabinet. It doesn't look promising. :(

--John 8)
(When my wife starts complaining about all those rubs and spices on the countertop, I thaw some bbq and she calms down for a while. ;) )

Rubs

Wolfe Rub Original
Wolfe Rub Bold
Wolfe Rub Citrus
Finney Rub #1
Finney Rub #2
Scotty DaQ Rub
SuckleBusters Steak Rub
Dizzy Pigs Swamp Venom
Dizzy Pigs Cowlick
Dizzy Pigs Dizzy Dust
Slabs Perk up your Pork
Slabs Wow Up your Cow
Bad Byrons Butt Rub
Uncle Al's Regular Rub
Uncle Al's Beef Rub
Skippy P's BBQ Rub
Gomer's Gooder Dan Shit Santa Maria Rub
Zilla Rub

Sauces

1 Gallon Reverend Marvin Original
1 Case Reverend Marvin Hot
Captain Morgans Award Winning BBQ Sauce
Sauce King of Chicago - 2 bottles
1/2 quart of Uncle Al's
1/2 case Bad Bobs Special Sauce
1/2 case Bad Bobs Hot Sauce
2 bottles Scotts
1 bottle Uncle Yammy's
Anchor Bar Original
Anchor Bar Suicide
Sweet Baby Rays
9 jars of Texas Pepper Jelly

Wolfe Rub Original
Wolfe Rub Bold
Wolfe Rub Citrus (Prototype)
Sucklebusters Steak Seasoning
Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust
JB's Fatboy Steak Rub
2 samples of Tex Joy (BBQ and steak sesoning)

2 jars of Texas Pepper Jelly(Pinnapple Habenero & Texas Tropical)
Sansonetti Michigan Maple bbq sauce
2 bottles Sauce King of Chicago
1/2 jar of Curley's Smoky BBQ Sauce
9 bottles of Sweet Baby Rays
8 bottles of Open Pit (assorted varieties)
Captain Jim Morgan's BBQ Sauce(Just might be the last unopened bottle on the planet)

I've got;

Rubs
Smoke n Guns Original
Smoke n Guns Hot
Wolfe Rub
Wolfe Rub Bold
Wolfe Rub Citrus (sample)
Sucklebusters
DDog's Original
Rufus Teague
Texas BBQ Rub (can't give that stuff away)

Sauces
Oklahoma Joes Original
Oklahoma Joes Hot
Rufus Teague Touch of Heat
Rev Marvins Original
Rev Marvins Hot
Sweet Baby Rays Original (fixin to mail that to bigwheel)
Head Country
Famous Daves Original

john pen said:
Chipped Beef

1910 Manual for Army Cooks
Recipe no. 251

Yield: 60 men
Portion: not given

INGREDIENTS WEIGHTS MEASURES
Chipped beef 15 lb ---
Fat, butter preferred
Flour, browned in fat 1 lb
1-1/4 lb ---
---
Evaporated milk, 12 oz can
Parsley
Pepper ---
---
1/4 oz 2 cans
1 bunch
---
Beef stock --- 6 qt

Method:

Melt the fat in the pan, and add the flour; when it has been cooked a few minutes, add the milk, dissolved in the beef stock, or water. Stir the batter in slowly to prevent lumping, and then add the beef. Cook a few minutes, add the parsley, and serve on toast.

Notes:

If the beef is very salty, it should be scalded before cooking.

I see John found the Bloody Mary mix early today! [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]

Puff said:
Wolfe Rub Original
Wolfe Rub Bold
Wolfe Rub Citrus (Prototype)
Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust
JB's Fatboy Steak Rub
2 samples of Tex Joy (BBQ and steak sesoning)

2 jars of Texas Pepper Jelly(Pinnapple Habenero & Texas Tropical)
Sansonetti Michigan Maple bbq sauce
2 bottles Sauce King of Chicago
1/2 jar of Curley's Smoky BBQ Sauce
9 bottles of Sweet Baby Rays
8 bottles of Open Pit (assorted varieties)
Captain Jim Morgan's BBQ Sauce(Just might be the last unopened bottle on the planet)

Puff, PM me the ingredient list :D

I need to enroll in a 12-step program:

Texas BBQ Rub #1, Wild
Head Country
Home BBQ Rib Rub
" Beef Rub
" Garlic Lover’s Steak Rub
" Tangerine Pepper
" Florida Key Lime Jerk Rub
Big Bob Gibson Dry Rub
Dizzy Pig All Purpose – Regular Grind
Dizzy Pig All Purpose – Coarse Grind
Dizzy Pig Raging River
Dizzy Pig Shake the Trees
Dizzy Pig Raise the Steaks
Wolfe Rub – Original
Wolfe Rub Bold
Wolfe Rub Citrus(sample)
Smokin’ Guns Mild Rub
Smokin’ Guns Hot Rub
Billy Bones Original Dry Rub
Billy Bones Beef Master Rub
Billy Bones Competition Rub
Mary’s Cherry Rub
Finney #1, #2
Hi-Mountain
Salmon Seasoning
Cajun Cowboy Steak Seasoning
Emeril’s Essence

Let's not even get into sauces.

Larry Wolfe said:
I see John found the Bloody Mary mix early today! [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]

Actually, quite the opposite...I should be drinking..Woke up to snow and 27 degrees, was supposed to be in the 40's. We were going to go camping, but not in this crap, and now I cant find my keys..uuugghhh I hate winter..Is it 5:00 somewhere...

Not many!

-Neesers Chipotle Rub (Too hot for us! Has a good concentration of Habanero powder!)
-Famous Dave's Chicken Seasoning
-Some kind of steak marinade
-Kikkoman Garlic Teriyaki Marinade
-Some kind of Fajita marinade (have to add more stuff to make it taste like I like it.)
-Lots of spices and herbs for making up my own

I prefer experimenting with my own to suit our tastes. I despise bottled sauces that I've tried and have a hard time paying more than a couple of bucks to try a new one we may hate....same goes with rubs. We have tried a few and have yet to find one that has what we're looking for.

Let's see:

Rubs:
Texas BBQ Rub (Original and Brisket Blend)
Home-blended ("BRITU" recipe)

Sauces:
One bottle of home-brewed Eastern NC pepper/vinegar sauce
Bone Suckin' Sauce
Two or three SC mustard style sauces, received as a gift (been sitting untouched for over a year)

Hot sauces:
Crystal Hot Sauce (my favorite store-bought)
Smokehouse Hot Sauce (from Lexington Style Trimmings)
One bottle of habenero pepper sauce
One bottle of home-made cayenne pepper sauce
Three or four partial bottles of off-brand hot sauces

Plus, fixin's for a whole bunch of other rubs and sauces.

I perceive a serious lack of Wolfe Rub and Finney Rub...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom