What's everyone cooking for the weekend???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
My wife is going by the butcher to pick up two packers this afternoon. One for me one for Steve Z. The folks in Fauquier Co., Viriginia are gonna be going nuts with the smell of BBQ in the air! Pic's will follow!

So what is everyone else cooking this weekend?

I asked my 5 year old what he wanted to cook, he said ribs... So ribs it is.
Mom and the baby are going to the mother-in-laws so it's a MAN weekend. I'll also be doing some small batches of test dishes for Smoke Day next weekend.

It's the first long weekend of the summer up here! :D
Beer can chicken & cherry wood smoked ribs to start. :eek:
Meat loaf on Saturday :eek:
Who knows after that. :!:

Have a good one :!: :!:

Cheers

Nothing on Saturday, have plans away from the house. Sunday...haven't really given it a thought yet.

ScottyDaQ said:
Mom and the baby are going to the mother-in-laws so it's a MAN weekend. I'll also be doing some small batches of test dishes for Smoke Day next weekend.

Scotty,
Maybe you'll have the Wolfe Rub in time to give it a try on the ribs!!!! It should start to get to folks either today or tomorrow!!

I got home from work and my wife has two 11.93lb briskets sitting in the fridge ready for Sunday! What are the odds of getting two briskets the exact same size? Life is swwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Picking up a case of CAB briskets and case of some organic pork butts this afternoon. Have a competition on 29th and 30th, then again in a couple of weeks. Will wet age the briskets as long as possible.
Cooking salmon and pork tenderloin this weekend.
Jim

wish it were me, but I've got a couple of nice looking ribeyes!

My smoking will be next weekend when the Myrtle Beach area gets locked down...400 thousand bikers plus Mem Day vacationers. I'll do a butt and maybe a brisket for the weekend.

FATZ said:
75 ribeyes
1 - 12lb packer cut brisket
2 - 10 lb pork butts
6 measily pounds of link sausage
huge pot of BBQ beans

I dare the ribeye judges to come to my area and try not to eat.

I dare them!!!

Fatz, I remember watching the steak comp on Food Network and seeing they had to cook all those steaks for the public. Who pays for the steaks and other food for the public. Or do you charge them for the steaks??? Anyways, good luck in the comp. Take alot of pics for us to see!

I think I remember from that show that the steaks were free to the public!!!! Another reason for me to go!

We need pics and long detailed stories!!!!!!

ROCK ON!!!

Captain Morgan said:
I think I remember from that show that the steaks were free to the public!!!! Another reason for me to go!

We need pics and long detailed stories!!!!!!

ROCK ON!!!

Well if that is the case, that is one expensive comp if the competitors need to furnish 75 ribeyes for charity!! :eek:

FATZ said:
The meat is supplied for the cookers, for eveness in the contest, but mainly so that the public gets the same cut and size steak to eat no matter where they get it.

And the charcoal is supplied by Royal Oak.

The public buys a ticket for $13. This ticket has two "halves". At 6 pm, the public lines up at one of four main serving lines at the corners of the square. This is where you get your baked potato, salad and drink for one half of your ticket.

The other half of the ticket is yours to give to whatever team you want to give it to in order to get one of their steaks.

While we are a first year competitor, I do hope to have a line outside my area due to the great sliced brisket, pulled pork sandwiches, beans and sausage that I will be strategically handing out all day tomorrow for free.

It isn't too often that I get a chance to "shine" in a "world" competition.

Can I get a ROCK ON?!

ROCK ON!!!!!
:ack:

Larry Wolfe said:
ScottyDaQ said:

Scotty,
Maybe you'll have the Wolfe Rub in time to give it a try on the ribs!!!! It should start to get to folks either today or tomorrow!!

It arrived today Larry. Thanks!
One rack of loin backs has Wolfe Rub, the other ... mine. They are on the WSM now. Pics & review to come.

ScottyDaQ said:
Larry Wolfe said:
ScottyDaQ said:

Scotty,

It arrived today Larry. Thanks!
One rack of loin backs has Wolfe Rub, the other ... mine. They are on the WSM now. Pics & review to come.

That was fast! Hope you enjoy it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom