What's everybody cooking for Easter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Susan Z said:
Larry, do you do something else to it, or just eat it as is?

As is! Have you ever eaten one?? They are heaven and there's nothing to do to it but eat it!

They are really good Larry...funny anticdote...I get one ever year from work...being a nice guy, the first year I got it (17lber) I offered it to my Mother-in-law...she accepted it and then when I brought it over and she saw it was "Honey" she immediatley refused it! She said something like...oh, we don't like THAT kind of ham!

NEVER AGAIN!! :(

You've got to be kidding me?????? I've never heard of anyone not liking HoneyBaked Hams or their other products. The only thing I don't like is they are very pricey!

Well, with the weather going up to the 40's (WWHHHHHAAAAHHHOOOO) somethings getting smoked. We're haveing "Easter Dinner" with my parents on Saturday over their place, so it wont be ham on Sunday. I bought some great ribs at a butcher near my parents place a few weeks ago, so I may go that route. Mayhaps some fresh Polish sausage too...

Anybody got any ideas for fish for Good Friday ? I was gonna do them in foil packets with some veggies in the oven for lack of a better idea...

No smoking...doing some chicken breasts and a steak or two on the kettle. I love that thing. But it's taking time away from my bullet....I have two mistresses in my life. 8)

Greg Rempe said:
Couple racks o' spares on the WSM and some fresh grilled veggies on the Silver B!! :D

Just got back from BJ'S...2 slabs of spares equaling almost 12lbs in total...YIKES!! :D

Greg Rempe said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":x35t60zs]Couple racks o' spares on the WSM and some fresh grilled veggies on the Silver B!! :D

Just got back from BJ'S...2 slabs of spares equaling almost 12lbs in total...YIKES!! :D[/quote:x35t60zs]
Bet they came from this sucker!

A group of hog growers have formed a co-op and are looking to spread the word about their product. They gave me a couple of butts and a few racks of spares to try and give feedback. Butts are on now and a double smoked ham goes on in the morning.

The butts are square cut 7 to 8 pounds, good color, thought about injecting but I want to get a good feel for their teste so just turbinado and rub, hickory for smoke.

Jim

jminion said:
A group of hog growers have formed a co-op and are looking to spread the word about their product. They gave me a couple of butts and a few racks of spares to try and give feedback. Butts are on now and a double smoked ham goes on in the morning.

The butts are square cut 7 to 8 pounds, good color, thought about injecting but I want to get a good feel for their teste so just turbinado and rub, hickory for smoke.

Jim

It sucks to be you , aye Jim? ;) :-D

Last minute decision: beer can chicken. I just didn't have the energy to do anything really complicated or time consuming; besides, it's gray, dreary, and misting rain here.

Brisket is in the cooler. Brocolli, Yorshire pudding, fresh made bread, and some smoked cabbage rolls a'la ABT. Yeah like an ABT but instead of a jap, I'm using a cabbage leaf and rolling my own. ;) The market didn't have any good looking japs and I was out of my prepped, frozen ones ( I usually have some on hand ) :/ So I had a head of cabbage and thought...Hmmm. They go on in a little while, I'll let you know how they turn out.

Err ummm traditional? No way ! LOL

The butt is off, 8 pounder took 14 hours in a heavy rain storm, WSM worked great. 190 internal very moist and tender. Wrapped in foil waiting for dinner. Ham just came off also.

Woody sometimes it's ok, on the political side sometimes I feel like I have a traget on my back, but I knew that going in.
Jim

Captain Morgan said:
Jim, you always pull butts at 190? Do you figure they rise a little in the foil?

Cappy,
I don't wanna answer for Jim, but I also pull my butts at 190* and do not notice a "rise" once foiled and put in the cooler. However using that method the butts pull like butter and are very moist.

Back
Top Bottom